• This product is kept refrigerated to ensure maximum freshness.

• Customer Ratings

Great Product!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3213697 on Feb 06, 2008

I had ulcerative colitis for over 5 years and had a surgery performed in 2002 to remove my colon, - Restorative Proctocolectomy. After the surgery, I had a number of episodes of Pouchitis, which is treated with antibiotics. My surgeon suggested I try Probiotics on a daily basis to see if there is a reduction in the recurrance of Pouchitis. I tried a number of Probiotics, with some benefits. Then, on searching the web for Probiotics, I came across the 'Nature's Way, Primadophilus Optima 35 Billion CFU'. I have been taking one capsule on a daily basis for the past six months and only had two bouts of Pouchitis which was a great change form the four in six months I use to have before. I am hoping and feel confident that with the continued use of this product, the recurrance of Pouchitis will be completely eliminated. Thank you. Elias Varachia

Excellent Shipping

Posted by Reviewer2563339 on Dec 04, 2008

I greatly appreciate the fact that IHerb sends this perishable product in a refrigerated container! I bought this same product from another internet dealer, and they sent it to me in a regular (non-refrigerated) container, thus jeopardizing the viability of the bacteria.

Don't Leave Home WIthout It

Posted by Reviewer1254460 on Jan 08, 2010

I've struggled with joint and muscle pain for years and this product has gotten rid of all my pain. Was diagnosed with Fybromyalgia in 1997.

Can be shipped without ice pack according to Nature's Way

Posted by Reviewer1738658 on Jun 17, 2009

I just recently ordered Primadopholis Optima and was surprised to see that when I received me order from iHerb, it was in a regular cardboard box with no ice pack. I've ordered other items that required refrigeration from iHerb.com before and received them on ice. I contacted iHerb and was told that Nature's Way told them it's okay to ship without ice. Just out of curiosity, I also contacted Nature's Way and this was the response I received: Primadophilus Optima can be out of refrigeration for a few days without losing the potency. We add extra cultures to allow for the product to be out of refrigeration for shipping and manufacturing. But for long term storage in order to hold the potency the product should be stored in the refrigerator. At least I know that I'm not losing anything in shipment. I will have to give it a few weeks before posting a review about the product itself.

Taking this as well as Primadophilus Reuteri

Posted by Reviewer2382041 on Mar 15, 2011

Hard to know which is having the good effect so far, but I especially wanted to comment on the way they were shipped. The packaging in a Styrofoam box with a cold pack got them to me still refrigerated. That seems to have preserved their activity, since I've noticed definite improvement in my symptoms. A year of searching for a solution and this is the first improvement. I had previously used Optima alone, but it was not refrigerated, so may have been inactive.

Tried many probiotics, so far this is the only one that worked

Posted by Reviewer2638624 on Jun 13, 2011

I was 30 pounds under weight and looked like hell. My ND had me try 2 other probiotics until we came to this one. Reduced gas, firmer stools, and gained my regular weight back. I buy it from Whole Foods though because I want to make sure its refrigerated.

Wonderful Probiotic!

Posted by Reviewer1310262 on May 02, 2008

This product is highly recommended by my doctor, and I completely agree!!!! It is a key component in maintaining my good health. Thank you!

Friendly Bacteria galor!

Posted by Reviewer2762212 on May 16, 2008

Has many varieties of probiotics not found in many probiotics and the more strains the better!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2822272 on Aug 27, 2008

This product really is top of the line, and well worth the money.

Love It

Posted by Reviewer1949637 on Sep 25, 2008

We love this product. Our whole family uses it. It helps with healthy intestinal flora and aids in relieving constipation.