Probiotic

Posted by Reviewer2088518 on Nov 25, 2011

I'm very happy with Reuteri probiotic but was expecting it in capsule form, not powder. However, it mixes will with juice and it easy to take.

Gas and more gas!

Posted by Reviewer2141997 on Nov 06, 2013

Remove the fos, the old formula was better. The new one causes painful gas...

Has cut Colic crying time down tremendously...

Posted by Reviewer1288844 on Jul 22, 2011

I used this based on some information that a friend gave me in regards to helping infants with colic. The AAP did a study with Reuteri vs. Simethicone (gas drops). The probiotic worked wonders in those breast fed babies with colic. They excluded those with acid reflux, which my daughter unfortunately has as well. She is being treated for that too. I plan to continue using this probiotic for overall good gut health for her because she seems to be just a really gassy baby & I think this will help her in the future.

Effective but expensive

Posted by Reviewer1533764 on Aug 07, 2014

I found this very effective for dealing with my digestive problems. However it is very cost-prohibitive. I've since switched to Jarrows.

Making yogurt

Posted by Reviewer1056835 on Oct 17, 2016

I was able to make yogurt with this product. I have a yogurt maker that holds about 1.5 litres of product and I followed the instructions given at a site that sells yogurt starters. Heat milk to between 180 and 200 degrees, hold it there for 5 minutes to kill off any bacteria that may compete with the culture. Put the pot in a sink of cold water and bring down to about 104 degrees before adding culture then I put it in my yogurt maker so it holds it at an ideal temp for whatever time I set it for. This has never failed me except once when I thought I would skip a step and just heat the milk to 104 and add the starter. The result was more like kefir, not thickened. I went back to the full heating method and once again perfect results. I was able to use 1/2 tsp of this to make yogurt using this method. Many of the starters ask for 1 to 2 tsp but with this method 1/2 tsp has always worked. I hope this info will help others making yogurt using this and other probiotic strains to make yogurt at home.

Uncertain

Posted by 5273168023097463292 on Apr 16, 2015

I am not sure if this has made any difference. I read lots of good reviews online and decided to try this for my gut issues, but I am uncertain if it has changed anything. At least I have not reacted badly to it, it might have helped a little bit, and even though the box says it contains milk and soy protein (I almost got a heart attack from reading that as I am quite allergic) I could eat it just fine, as it is only possible residue.

Good alternative to buy larger amount of capsules offered

Posted by Reviewer2815476 on Oct 21, 2010

Like the capsules better, but iherb was only offering 90 caps sizes and I prefer the 30 caps instead, for freshness. So this was the best alternative.

pretty good

Posted by Reviewer2870816 on Mar 25, 2009

I like the results but don't like the powder. I will order the capsules next time.

Allergic reaction (Rashes and Dandruff)

Posted by 5477329246853615544 on Oct 06, 2015

I started taking this probiotic, it has helped considerably my bowel movement but within 4 days of use, i've developed rashes and Dandruff. Cannot say the benefits of long term. I'm pretty sure i'm allergic to this product, because i was on the "Banana Island" detox phase.

Invest in your infant and toddler!

Posted by Reviewer1183266 on Feb 19, 2015

A well-researched strain of infant probiotic. Use it reconstitute an infant's gut after a C-section or birth. I'd recommend it as part of preparation for vaccination, and as a preventative measure against all illness. I give it to my daughter each morning, first thing. She is almost never ill, and I am sure that Reuteri's role in her gut's well-being plays a big part in that!