recommended by my doctor; works for me

Posted by Reviewer2919916 on Oct 12, 2006

I am a type 1 diabetic and my doctor, Richard K. Bernstein, is also a diabetic. He recommended this product to me because illnesses wreak havoc with blood sugars. As soon as I feel a sore throat coming on or other symptoms and my blood sugars are going up, I take two of these tablets three times a day for two days. That schedule has worked every time for me; the symptoms and high blood sugars are usually gone before the sixth dose is taken. The only time it doesn't work is if I'm already full-on sick. Then it's a waste of money to take the tablets. I LOVE these things because I don't love high blood sugar! They're just one more thing that helped me reverse the nonproliferative retinopathy I developed three years ago, before Dr. Bernstein was my doctor.

Sambucol is wonderful

Posted by Reviewer1768388 on Dec 08, 2007

I have been taking this product since I had a very bad bout of flu 7 years ago - and have not had one since! I can see it's popularity is taking off, as for the first time ever when I tried to order, I could not get as much as I wanted, and many sites were completely sold out. I am a great fan of this wonderful product and take one tablet a day all year long (not just in flu season) and when I travel, one before boarding the plane, and one every 2 or 3 hours in transit. I strongly reccommend this product as I am so pleased with the results.

Sambucol Lozenges

Posted by Reviewer2260673 on Apr 14, 2008

Have been using this product for several years by opening a bottle at the first sign of a cold and taking 2 lozenges three time a day until the bottle is empty (about 5 days). Symptoms are milder and usually gone before the bottle is empty. Normally get 1 to 3 colds a year in the Pacific NW.

different but still effective

Posted by Reviewer2516841 on Apr 01, 2008

I'm glad Sambucol a sugar-free option again. Though it's re-formulated and easy to transport if you need to take it with you somewhere, I kind of miss the syrup they had... maybe I'm just a creature of habit but will need some time to get used to the lozenges. Nevertheless, the formula does work and I wouldn't be caught without it! I found iHerb to have the best deal.

SAMBUCOL LOZENGES

Posted by Reviewer1026369 on Nov 07, 2008

I WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT THESE, PARTICULARLY WHEN TRAVELING. HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND THE TASTE IS VERY PLEASING.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2352646 on Aug 03, 2009

I have been using Nature's Way Sambucus Black Elderberry Original Lozenges in the last stages of a bad flu this summer (after having used the syrup 5x/day for 2 weeks during the worst of the symptoms). The lozenges work great to prevent a relapse and are more easy to carry than the bottles of syrup. Will take them on a daily basis as a preventative this fall and winter to minimize my flu risk.

the best

Posted by Reviewer1404799 on Apr 30, 2008

stops coughs, scratchy throats in their track1

Great product

Posted by Reviewer3070627 on Sep 08, 2008

Wards off all types of colds and flus for me

Must have

Posted by odereviews on Jun 11, 2015

Helps greatly with sore throat. This is one of the products you simply must have in your medical cabinet. Could be cheaper, but this helps so much with flu seasons, that it's a must have.

Like the taste

Posted by 5278292589336128118 on Oct 22, 2012

I get cold easily and I am on a mission this winter season to not get sick. My chiropractor was coughing and very sick while still seeing patients. I was convinced I would wake up the next day sick. I remembered I had just got these from iHerb so I went home and ate 4! I let each dissolve under my tongue. The next morning I had 2 more. I didn't get sick!