Nature's Way, Selenium, 200 mcg, 100 Capsules

Recommended product!

Posted by KurtJacobsen on May 23, 2013

Optimal selenium intake is 200-400 mcg/day. It's primarily found in meats and seafood. If you eat a lot of protein from different sources, you probably don't need supplementing, but otherwise 200 mcg a day is a perfect level for supplementing. Don't supplement with more than 2-400 mcg, as selenium and other metals are toxic when overdosed. In order to let the body regulate levels, it's recommended to drink plenty of water and excercise regularly to produce sweat. I take one serving every day. I'm perfectly happy with it, and will purchase again when it runs low. ======================================================================================================= Click my name KurtJacobsen ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here in Denmark (4000 miles away) within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my name KurtJacobsen at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

Selenium delivers

Posted by Reviewer1778986 on Jun 16, 2011

get immediate sense of well being from day one. I decided to give selenium a try after reading an article in which an eminent brain specialist admitted that it was the only supplement he felt comfortable taking anf knowing it would be benefi cial to his well being.

Two stars

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 21, 2012

The capsules of this item are huge in comparison to small amount of active ingredient - 200 mcg selenomethionine. The price is fair.

Selenium

Posted by Reviewer2091694 on Feb 25, 2008

Glad I found this to help support my thyroid, which is hypo.

Hypoglycemics beware

Posted by Reviewer3108211 on Jul 18, 2008

This supplement did not work out too well for me. While I was on 1 capsule a day, I suffered from extreme lack of energy, cold hands, trembling and food cravings. However, the first day I stopped taking it, I immediately felt better and continued to feel better staying off it. I believe the problem is that selenium mimics insulin, which resulted in hypoglycemia in my case.