Nature's Way, Vitex Fruit, 400 mg, 100 Capsules

Vitex & TTC

Posted by Reviewer2679118 on Feb 08, 2014

After more than 1.5 year of TTC, I found out that my female hormones were out of balance predicting I (age 38) was not ovulating. After 12 weeks of using Vitex (once daily) I became pregnant. I strongly belief that Vitex helped my body get the hormonal balance I needed. Wishing everyone using Vitex a successful story and allow their bodies get healthy and functional.

VITEX & ACNE

Posted by Reviewer3060193 on Sep 27, 2011

I heard this herb can help hormonal acne. actually my acne is pretty much gone by taking EP oil for the last 3 months but I thought maybe Vitex can really terminate it. I read on the website that you really need to take for 4-8weeks to notice any difference so I bought 4 bottles. SADLY, this herb didn't help but made my skin WORSE. I just finished my period and now my skin is quite clear. I took 2 capsule yesterday before bed and this morning, I got a big lumpy deep pimple on my chin. I thought it was weird as I never had chin pimples after my period but always 1.5 weeks before my period. Anyway, 20mins ago I took another 2 capsules after dinner, now I got another big one on my chin. The reaction is so fast that I couldn't even believe it. I know some people may argue that I should give it a fair trial for at least 4 weeks but I am not going to take the chance. I believe if it doesn't feel right for you the first time, it won't in future. Now I have got 4 bottles sitting in my cupboard and 2 big cysts on my chin! Sigh, it is all part of my learning curve. So the suggestion to you is always get one bottle to try before making a long term commitment to any herb.

Miracle worker

Posted by Reviewer1239553 on Jan 02, 2007

I have had consistent facial break outs for over 30 years, I knew it had something to do with my hormones but nothing I tried ever helped. It took a month or two, but it cleared up my skin completely!! A true miracle!!!

Works

Posted by Reviewer1531069 on Oct 28, 2013

It changes my life. I see major changes in my mood, PMS, brest tenderness is gone (however I take kelp as well for that, so not sure what works better). I have been taking it for about 7-8 mos. No more acne either. Howeve, I will not buiy this particular brand again. It contains magnesium stearate whic his not good for you. I bought liquid version. No additives there.

Major side affects!

Posted by Reviewer1189223 on Sep 16, 2010

I took vitex because I read that it can help some people with hormonal acne. I took it for two months. At first I thought it was making my skin less oily and perhaps it was. As time went on, I started seeing my veins get darker, varicose like and new spider veins started popping up daily and my legs began to throb. By the end of my second month I had horrifying PMS like I haven't had in years and my veins were a complete mess, so I decided to stop taking it after my last cycle. I also noticed that I felt very "unhealthy" the whole time I was taking it. I can remember saying in my head many times a day.... "I just don't feel well, I don't feel well, I don't feel right." Now that I'm off it, the onset of new varicose and spider veins is subsiding, my mood has improved and my overall wellbeing is so much better. I guess this just isn't a miracle for everyone and I would warn that adjusting your hormones can have many side affects including varicose veins, throbbing legs and changes to your cycle. (In my case negative changes) Be careful before taking this.