Navitas Naturals, Raw Chocolate Cacao Nibs, , 16 oz (454 g)

really like this product

Posted by AngelaEvans on Sep 20, 2012

When I first tried this product, I was not impressed. The bitter flavor seemed overwhelming but I kept nibbling away as I had two pounds of bean fragments lying around. After three days of nibbling, I was hooked. Here is what I love about this product: 1) Energy: Around 2pm, I am ready for a nap. I eat a half tablespoon of these beans and I am ready to conquer the last two hours of work. These beans provide amazing energy. 2) Two ounces replace numerous candy bars: My workplace has too may candy bowls and casual snacking is easy. I fill a little container with two ounces of nibs and slowly eat them throughout the day. The taste and nature of the nibs is conducive to careful, slow eating. Now, instead of popping 10 snickers, I just fill my palm with nibs and I am completely content. 3) Replaces sweet cravings: As noted above, I am no longer eating excessive, sugary sweets at work and I don't miss the super sweet chocolate from the candy bowl. I don't feel deprived and the calorie savings are significant. 4)The recipe possibilities are endless: If the nibs alone do not provide you with enough kick, grind some nibs and blend with your coffee for a delightful chocolate coffee. For tea, I've done something similar by mixing ground nibs with loose tea and then steeping in water to create a phenomenally rich tea. I've purchased bulk granola and sprinkled nibs and almonds in to create a nice snack mix. To create flavorful smoothies, I've also blended these with banana and So Delicious Coconut Milk or Chocolate Silk Soy Milk. There are numerous possibilities with this product so be creative! As a side note, for those that are worried about the bitterness of this product, the company makes a sweetened versionthat is addictive, and admittedly, not as easy to eat in moderation.

The little extra

Posted by julianne on Oct 29, 2012

I have used it in protein shakes, milkshakes, oatmeal and cottage cheese so far. I love it! Makes the food more interesting, specially in my chocolate/coffee protein shake.

Interesting Product

Posted by MikeMember on Mar 07, 2010

Surprisingly unique flavor. Tastes best with something sweet like raisens.

Quality issue

Posted by Reviewer1673526 on Sep 12, 2008

I ordered two of these items and the consistency from one to the other was different. There are pieces of the husk/shell of the cacao been also. I like the product; I just wish it was a little higher quality.

Good quality but it tastes like red wine, bitter.

Posted by ireneh on Aug 11, 2011

I loved the raw chocolate powder so much so I decided to give the nibs a try. Sadly they were not entirely to my liking as they taste like red wine. I hope they are better if grounded up and used in a recipe.. haven't tried this yet. Nutrition content is wonderful though, so if u like red wine. Go for it!:)