10% Off Orders Over $40!

Navitas Naturals, Cacao Power, 16 oz (454 g) (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 4-star

good superfood choice

Posted by Reviewer1869815 on Apr 02, 2009

Good for adding to shakes, though they do have insoluble fiber in them. Don't believe the hype about them tasting magical, they are really bitter (as can be imagined), but if you're creative you can find many, many uses for them. I actually grinded them up and made hot chocolate with them using stevia (which was phenomenal), and ate the insoluble residue afterwards (yum).

OMG!

Posted by Reviewer1995621 on Jun 01, 2009

Do the research, raw cocoa beans in their natural form (like these) are superb for well being, but I didn't take notice of the high fat content so make sure you take that into consideration. Of course, these contain the "good fats", but I just had to make some adjustments to my diet to be sure when I mix these in my smoothies that I'm wathching my fat intake each day. I'm really noticing a change in my energy levels when I drink this with my Hemp protein/Raw Cocoa Powder/Fruit smoothie in the mornings.

Fresh and Bitter

Posted by Reviewer2998496 on Jan 27, 2010

Oh, wow! I know these are good for you, and I put them in my smoothies, but I cannot eat them out of the bag because they are so bitter. Do not be fooled by "chocolate" in the title. My wife can eat them like regular nuts, but they are hard to crack open.

An acquired taste

Posted by Reviewer1962787 on Nov 15, 2008

I got these to be snacks to suppress sweet cravings, keep my mouth busy and hope that the rich cocoa taste would satisfy my craving for chocolate. These are very bitter with a slight tang, literally like eating pure dark chocolate with no sugar. The texture is quite good, crunchy fresh nuts that don't coat your mouth in sugar and gunk. I have to slowly introduce these back into my snack regime as I was put off by the taste. Perhaps dark chocolate lovers who lover a serious bitter bite would appreciate these more. I try to eat these more for health reasons as well, good source of copper (I supplement zinc heavily so copper is most likely deficient).

Very low in bitterness and acidity

Posted by Reviewer1044099 on May 17, 2009

As I don't like bitter dark chocolate I was afraid this might taste similar. But no problem there. I don't notice any unpleasant flavors. I will probably buy these again if I can't find such in a similar quality for a more reasonable price.