Best Sellers New Products Super Specials! Product Trials Clearance

Navitas Naturals, Organic, Maca Powder, Raw, 16 oz (454 g)

Macamazing !

Posted by vinetu28 on Sep 19, 2014

I think this stuff works! You feel more driven to accomplish things. I notice that when I don't take it I'll have less energy. It's not a hyper energy it's more of a calm focused energy. The powder is great because you can mix it with drinks and it tastes kind of maltey. I sometimes eat it directly from the spoon and rinse it down with water. I've read it's even better for women to take because it balances their hormones which fluctuate more than men's do. You need to start slowly with the dosage and adjust it according to your body's needs, then take a break from it occasionally or it appears to lose potency(for example: 3 week ON, 1 week OFF). I recommend using 1 tsp to 1 tbsp in water mixing it up and drinking it as fast as possible in the morning. It taste bad but you can mix it with juice or something else (smoothies, shakes and tea). It is necessary to note that Ğ°nyone who has a sensitive digestive system must be careful with the raw maca. Like other cruciferous roots, maca is particularly difficult to digest when raw. Not only is it fiber-dense, it also contains lots of goitrogens - that's why the raw root and it's flour is so bitter - so it's no wonder people have digestive and occasional hormonal (thyroid) complaints.To avoid this issue maca should be cooked in order to be gentle on digestion, on metabolism, and it has always been cooked traditionally(by the native Puruvians)for this purpose! Another option for those with digestive issue is Gelatinized Maca Powder(iHerb carry gelatinized raw maca). Gelatinized means that it's fiber has been removed, and goitrogens denatured. The gelatinized product was developed specifically to address the digestion issue inherent with the root. To summarize, I give this maca powder a five star rating because it's simply great . This stuff makes you feel better than any multivitamin you'll find and I definitely recommend it .

Price increase

Posted by Reviewer1579016 on Dec 28, 2014

Great product but the price went up from $20 to $49.99 .....Unreal price increase in one year!

Maca Powder

Posted by Reviewer1023333 on Jun 23, 2008

Great product! Gives me all-day energy and stamina to get me through my physically demanding day at work. Absolutely no jitters or hyperness. I use this product everyday - no more coffee!

not so amazing for me

Posted by Reviewer1410431 on Feb 20, 2011

i'd done so much research on maca and was very excited to start taking it. i added it to my morning smoothie and had severe insomnia right after. i also noticed that my heart was pounding and i felt anxious. i stopped using this powder as it was not for me.

Gross

Posted by MandyEm on Feb 01, 2013

Tastes gross and I didn't notice any difference after using it. Will not buy again.