Navitas Naturals, Pomegranate Power, 8 oz (227 g)

Cardiovascular protection/healing, diabetes, PCOS, belly fat, perimenopause

Posted by Reviewer1055106 From Sweden on Mar 05, 2009

I have read a lot about the benefits of pomegranate (scientific studies). It protects from - and also heals - atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). It lowers bad lipids in the blood. It diminishes cardiac fibrosis in diabetic rats. It is ANTI-breast cancer (it actually eats away the cancer). Thus this is the best estrogen replacement if one needs extra hormones and do not want to risk cancer. It contains bio-identical 17-alpha estradiol (good for the brain), estriol and estrone. I cannot take phytoestrogens like red clover, soy etc. because of uterine fibroids and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). But, the pomegranate does not increase the fibroids, actually they have shrunk. Although estrogen dominant (more estrogen than progesterone) I have too litte estrogens for optimal health, and menopausal symptoms since I was 28. Synthetic estrogens make me ill. Pomegranate powder (2 tablespoons a day, one in the morning, one in the evening), have treated all symptoms, including incontinence. It noticeably lowers my blood sugar after meals. I am a lean PCOS woman however with belly fat, but the belly fat it is shrinking, melting away.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1036795 From Australia on Jul 03, 2011

I add this to everything and I love it :) Great taste and lots of extra vitamins! I love it in lite greek yoghurt, mixed with flaxseed oil and a little bit of strawberry jam :)

Pomegranate Power

Posted by Reviewer2869993 From Norway on Jul 16, 2011

This is my first try at a pomegranate powder, and it seems to be top notch! I use it in homemade sweets/treats so I haven't tried mixing it with any liquid, but since it's such a fine powder I'm assuming it mixes well. It has a tart taste - perfect for a sour candy substitute! And sooo good for you:)

love this

Posted by TexasGal From Norway on Dec 30, 2011

I mix this with hot water to make a type of tea in the morning and evening- great and healthy!

Tastes Great

Posted by juniper From Canada on Jul 07, 2012

I like the taste of this powder and it mixes well with my smoothies. I'm happy to incorporate the goodness of pomegranates into my diet without having to drink loads of pomegranate juice. This is an excellent find for me.