I expected way more

Posted by 5602475129292382614 on Nov 25, 2013

I have to put at least 2 scoops for a normal 6kg-7kg wash and the results are below average, not amazing, the smell is not strong enough to be left on clothes, in fact clothes smell dirty . So this will only last me for 50 washes not 100 washes which does not make it economical for me. Sometimes I was the clothes for another wash cycle. Over 2-3 hrs. Still not great

Fabric Softener - Yes Laundry Cleaner - No

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jan 22, 2014

This does not 'clean' your clothes. I have tried using 2 and 3 times the amount called for and the clothes still do not smell clean. I have a very good 'nose' and I can smell body oils, etc. in clothes that most people can't detect at all. We have well water and it is softened. I do not know how it works with chlorinated city water. If this can't clean towels, t-shirts and simple things you can only imagine the results when trying on my husbands work clothes. UGH. The only good thing I can say about this is that it does make towels and clothes softer, BUT soft 'still dirty' items are not acceptable to me. I was hoping this would work, but it does not. On a good note, I have to say that I have started adding a little of this to my wash along with my powder detergent and the clothes are super soft. So, I will use it as a fabric softener which is a 'natural' way to get the clothes soft. This combined with my detergent makes the clothes smell very fresh too. Wish it worked as well without adding my powder to it.

Does not work with HARD WATER

Posted by Reviewer3272543 on Feb 10, 2016

I used this soap when living in Vancouver for a year, but had to stop in other cities as the residue just doesn't wash away with harder water. Your clothes, especially diapers, will eventually develop this terrible musty smell. They're is also lots of diaper user type bad reviews on Amazon for this soap. The company is based in North Vancouver, which has a water hardness of 1 grains per gallon (gpg). On the other hand, when I moved to LA, it's back to hard water, around 12 gpg. So if your water source is hard and not softened with a household water softener, then don't even try Nellies, the smell of the clothes quickly becomes unbearable. Because it worked in Vancouver, I didn't doubt the product in LA, and spent time working on other reasons, like freshening my washer, dryer, laundry room, etc. When I switched back to EcoMax unscented, it was magic, no more musty smell.

Not loving it

Posted by Reviewer2805484 on Nov 06, 2015

I felt this detergent to be mediorce and went back to using washing soda with my other eco wash instead. I have young children and this did not touch the stains.