お気に入りの商品をカートに入れてください。
ショッピングを続ける

Nellie's All-Natural, Laundry Soda, 100 Loads, 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)

Fabric Softener - Yes Laundry Cleaner - No

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jan 22, 2014

This does not 'clean' your clothes. I have tried using 2 and 3 times the amount called for and the clothes still do not smell clean. I have a very good 'nose' and I can smell body oils, etc. in clothes that most people can't detect at all. We have well water and it is softened. I do not know how it works with chlorinated city water. If this can't clean towels, t-shirts and simple things you can only imagine the results when trying on my husbands work clothes. UGH. The only good thing I can say about this is that it does make towels and clothes softer, BUT soft 'still dirty' items are not acceptable to me. I was hoping this would work, but it does not. On a good note, I have to say that I have started adding a little of this to my wash along with my powder detergent and the clothes are super soft. So, I will use it as a fabric softener which is a 'natural' way to get the clothes soft. This combined with my detergent makes the clothes smell very fresh too. Wish it worked as well without adding my powder to it.

I love this!!

Posted by Reviewer2015765 on Feb 08, 2012

It's natural and eco-friendly. I hate the smell of the laundry soap, but after using this I don't need to smell of it anymore^^

A marvelously eco detergent

Posted by sherilyn on Jan 26, 2015

I must confess that what attracted me first to Nellie’s All-Natural Laundry Soda was its vintage packaging. Its retro look fit perfectly in our 1950s house. For such a nifty little can (measuring only 11 cm x 11 cm x 18 cm and fitting nicely into my palm), I found it hard to believe that the package contains 100 loads worth of detergent. I skeptically stuck a post-it note to the can and tick marked each time I did laundry to check whether there were indeed 100 loads worth. I made it to 93 but was nonetheless satisfied. I knew that I could have made it to 100 had I leveled the scoop each time. Opening up a can of Nellie’s, I was greeted with the scent of clean - just plain, honest-to-goodness clean - and I instantly liked it. It’s refreshingly different from the contrived fragrances of other laundry detergents whose scent are too dizzying for me. Nellie’s is made up of exactly five ingredients: Coconut oil based surfactants Sodium carbonate (soda ash) Sodium metasilicate Fatty alcohol ethoxylate Sodium chloride For a regular sized load, Nellie’s recommends just one thumb-sized scoopful (scoop included) of laundry soda. As I poured it into the washing machine, the granules instantly dissolved with the water. There was hardly any froth or soapsuds -- the exact opposite of what we see in laundry commercials where more foam somehow corresponded with a cleaner wash. The water did feel soapy despite the absence of bubbles, but I was curious whether the wash (which included stinky cloth diapers) would come out clean. Result: The laundry I pulled out from the machine smelled clean and smelled of sunshine, if sunshine had a scent. There were no lumps of detergent anywhere and the clothes felt stripped clean of any residue. I remembered what an uncle said about laundry: it’s the water that does most of the cleaning and you need just a little detergent to help water do its job. My husband recently gave me an opportunity to test the power of Nellie’s. He completed an Ironman race in Malaysia and packed all his sweaty sportswear into a plastic bag and kept it fermenting there for about two days as he traveled back home. He warned me not to inhale when I opened up the bag. I reckoned I would need to wash them twice to get them clean. But no, Nellie’s did the job in just one wash. Nellie’s Laundry Soda - small and powerful.

I expected way more

Posted by 5602475129292382614 on Nov 25, 2013

I have to put at least 2 scoops for a normal 6kg-7kg wash and the results are below average, not amazing, the smell is not strong enough to be left on clothes, in fact clothes smell dirty . So this will only last me for 50 washes not 100 washes which does not make it economical for me. Sometimes I was the clothes for another wash cycle. Over 2-3 hrs. Still not great

cost effective, non-scented

Posted by 5564529507795853477 on Nov 20, 2014

I like Nellie's because you only need a teaspoon to get the job done! :) It does not have a smell, which is nice for people with sensitivities to conventional laundry detergent. I recommend to anyone looking for a cost effective, natural alternative to harsh, chemical filled laundry detergents.