the best

Posted by Reviewer2144574 on Jul 13, 2011

Tried a whole bunch of Holy Basil products and this one has clearly been the best.

I rely on this for dealing with stress.

Posted by Reviewer1156637 on Nov 24, 2010

Great product. I love New Chapter. I take 2/day: one capsule in the morning and one in the evening. ... I can't think of a better product for stress. BTW, holy basil is also called Tulsi. Tulsi tea is very popular in the Indian subcontinent. I also use Tulsi Tea brand tea, which iHerb sells.

A lifesaver!

Posted by Reviewer3296142 on Sep 14, 2010

This past year has been incredibly stressful for me -- two close family members have passed away and my husband and I have separated pending divorce. A friend recommended Holy Basil and I have been taking it for about 6 months now. It helps me stay calm and focused dealing with my two children and lets me get through the work day without breaking down in tears as I was before. It doesn't make you feel "numb" or take away the pain-- we need to grieve and feel pain when we experience a loss -- but it does help make the process more manageable.

The Attitude Pill

Posted by Reviewer2131406 on Sep 14, 2010

This herb and brand was recommended to me by a wise woman whom I trust greatly and who knows quite a bit about herbal remedies. Amazing herb! My sour attitude of a year (hormone related) did an about face litteraly overnight. Also, I run, and within 3 days of taking this herb, I started running 1 minute per mile faster than my usual time (from 9.5 min miles down to 8.5--I had never run that fast before!). I think the herb calms the mind, helps one focus. Brings out the best in you. I call it my "happy pill." If only those with depression and other negative attitude ailments would try this first...you would all put the Phamaceuticals out of business. I only go with this brand because I'm brand loyal having started with them; also, I suspect cheaper stuff might come from China and I don't think I am alone in not really trusting the purity of Chinese supplement imports.

New Chapter Supercritical Holy Basil

Posted by Reviewer1210738 on Jun 14, 2011

My Husband and I both use this product after I read a review in a health magazine. We were under a lot of pressure with running a home and our own business during a 'world recession'. After about a month of taking 2 capsules per day we felt much more relaxed about everything and took everything in our stride. We are not as anxious about the future. Definately a much safer, better alternative to anxiety medication.