New Chapter, Wholemega, Whole Fish Oil, Extra-Virgin Wild Alaskan Salmon, 1000 mg, 120 Softgels

Good product but expensive

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 14, 2013

This is a good whole food fish oil derived from only wild salmon. There is much written by authorities on the importance of Good contaminant free Omega 3 fatty acids. So I won't reiterate this. The downside of whole food fish oil vs. distilled is that whole food may have heavy metals or other contamination in it from whatever that fish ate. It maybe a low risk if the fish always ate other fish that never traveled to non-industrialized areas or were around any oil/chemical contamination from marine or oil drilling accidents. As a salmon oil is does have some Astaxanthin in it which is an excellent anti-oxidant and important in eye health. But the amounts are relative low. Don't get distracted with side dishes in your fish oil like Vit D, Vit E and Astaxathin. All good stuff but the main reason to take fish oil is for the Omega 3's. Don't shortchange your self on Omega 3's to get a few side dishes that you can get in adequate amounts else where. Most middle age and older folks should take 5-8 of these gel caps a day. It gets expensive. That is why it gets only 4 stars. Go to my home page to see my fish oil recommendations and other value added reviews. If you found this helpful "Yes" votes are appreciated. Thanks and good health!

Best Single supplement ever

Posted by Reviewer1976345 on Feb 03, 2010

All of the review above are what I have experienced. I also have found a benefit for my accute dry-eye condition. Just three days after starting Wholemega my eyes improved dramatically! Painful knee--gone, improved hair and nails,more energy, clearer brain, better sleep, etc, etc.

very effective

Posted by Reviewer1877250 on Aug 10, 2010

After using several quality liquid fish oils, I tried this product. I felt a real difference in a few short days from a calmness to more energy. Also, after a few months now, my hair has noticeable become thicker. I've been taking New Chapter products for over 10 years. They are the best out there.

Great Omega formula

Posted by Reviewer1716766 on Aug 31, 2009

When you can feel the difference you know something is changed. Since I changed from my trusted Dr Murray (Natural Factors) Omega 3 formula to this one I've found the joint pain I've been suffering from Osteoarthritis noticeably improved. Having spoken considerably with the folks at New Chapter I understand why that would be the case. What a great company to put out such a pure yet unrefined product like this, in contrast to all those other highly distilled and purified fish oil supplements.

Superior

Posted by Reviewer2089770 on Sep 27, 2009

I have tried other top brands of fish oil, but this one truly stands out. I have tried this brand via a sample from iHerb, and as soon as I used it, I ordered the biggest bottle; I was sold.