Nordic Naturals, Omega-3 Pet, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

here's what's missing in your dog food

Posted by alloriginal on May 23, 2013

I have been a successful manager of a major pet store for 15 years. I am passionate almost to an extreme about dog health and longevity. I discovered the power of fish oil as it related to my own health over two decades ago, and today I discuss with every customer who will listen why their dog should have a daily fish oil supplement. Most pet foods, even the better ones, contain little or none of these important nutrients. With use over time, your dog will have a shinier skin and coat, better joints, and improved energy and vitality. By reducing inflammation, fish oil will protect canine heart health. Some dogs will take this right off the spoon. For others, simply mix a teaspoon into some tasty wet food and they will gobble it right down. Keep the bottle refrigerated after opening to maintain freshness. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

German Shepherd Skin/coat condition

Posted by Reviewer2464750 on Jan 18, 2014

I have two of these wonderful pets. Unfortunately my male Riley has serious skin/coat condition where he scratches/mutilates himself constantly to the point where he has scratched himself bald in areas. Both of my dogs are on grain free diet; I use a combination of dry/wet dog food. My vet said these breeds are prone to these conditions so I researched the internet extensively and came across Nordic Naturals. I have ordered three bottles so far and have followed the daily recommended dosage. The results: Riley is only scratching a little now!!! :) His coat is extremely shiny and soft not course and his hair is growing back!!! Thank you Nordic Naturals for such a great product and both my dogs love the taste :) The reason why I only gave 4 stars is because I live in Canada and I get charged not only shipping but also customs duty so it gets expensive :(