Now Foods, Certified Organic Spirulina, 500 mg, 500 Tablets

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Spirulina is a superfood and considered one of the nutritive and healthy foods! Spirulina contains all traces minerals, every amino acid needed by man (about 60% highly absorbable protein), high beta carotene and other caroteniods like zeaxanthin, vitamin B, E, K, high chlorophyll and healthy fats like GLA, DHA. Spirulina is known for boosting immune system, detoxification of heavy metals, lower high blood pressure, lower high cholesterol, lower cancer risk, lower heart diseases and many others as well. Spirulina is suitable for vegetarians. One of the debating points about spirulina is whether it contains B12 or B12 analogue (look alike that is inactive). There is a lot of yes and no so you will have to decide whether to supple with additional B12. This is the cheapest if you are looking for tablets form. If you don’t mind the taste or wants to take at high doses daily, you can save by buying the powder form. I use the tablets whenever I have to travel overseas or away so I keep taking it without tagging on the container or the blender bottle. Tablets are also more suitable if you want to take it with your meals for various reasons unless you don’t mind drinking spirulina along with your meals. Another plus point is that the supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents (Quite rare for any supplement in tablet form). The tablets are circular in shape. Personally, I find it hard to swallow many tablets of this shape together at the time. The recommended dose is 6 tablets daily which is quite low. Minimally, you need at least 5g (10 tablets). For optimum results, 10g daily (20 tablets) will be needed. Remember to increase the dosage slowly as the spirulina’s detoxing effects can cause loose stools and gas if you take more than you can handle. Check out my page for more reviews!

GOOD for skin and more besides

Posted by Reviewer3080592 on Dec 01, 2010

unexpected side benefit - got rid of raging thrush which i have had for years!!!!

for my muscles

Posted by Reviewer1309092 on Aug 12, 2010

My practitioner recommended them for my muscles - i have been immobile for many years with CFS but now I am jogging/boxing etc and at 65 am taking these to support my muscles.

Natural Sprirulina

Posted by Reviewer1991789 on Feb 05, 2009

I really like this one. It is cheap and good stuff. I've been taking sprirulina for a few years. It is not cheap and because of that,my family and I had not been taking it lately ( Got 5 kids of my own)!Thks God I found this website.I really wanted to thk all the people who had gave their valuable feedback. God bless all of u and the iherb staff . Delivery was fantastically fast.

Fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer3055198 on Jan 25, 2011

This product has helped me in so many ways. After starting with Now Foods Spirulina I've lost weight, gained a lot of energy as well as almost all my impurities are gone!