Now Foods, Certified Organic Spirulina, 500 mg, 500 Tablets

Recent bottle smells horrid

Posted by Reviewer1598433 on Nov 17, 2012

Just received a bottle few weeks ago and the smell is horrid. Never had this problem before.

Disgusting: something is wrong here.

Posted by Reviewer3147676 on Aug 11, 2014

Try this: chew one of these tablets, then chew one from a brand like Earthrise. I have no idea what's in this, but the taste is scary - not just rotten but with something very bitter and unnatural tasting. Spriluna can be grown all sorts of ways, and even used to clean up toxic water. No idea how they make this, but it just shouldn't taste that different. Hearing that some people feel sick after taking this doesn't surprise me.

Better than any vitamin

Posted by Reviewer2236216 on Aug 11, 2008

I'm officially hooked on spirulina. I have tried many vitamins and suppliments but none have been as effective or as simple to take. The small tablets are great compared to the monster pills often associated with vitamins.

A DOSE OF HEALTH!

Posted by Reviewer3160241 on Jun 13, 2008

I don't eat right due to physical struggles and certainly don't get enough of the "greens." A friend recommended that I try spirulina, so I did. I'm amazed at the difference in so much of my body after taking this product the past several months (and I WON'T quit!)--my hair is longer than ever, my nails are unbelievable...(I used to get acrylic nails and now my own nails are so long and hard I can't believe that they are actually mine!) I feel better, less body odor on all fronts in all types of weather (that's a big bonus!). The intestinal flow seems to be working properly... ;-P I could go on and on about this great product. Thank you!

R. Henry

Posted by Reviewer1286520 on Jun 21, 2008

I have taken Spirulina for some time and, a couple of years ago, finally got my husband to take it. We are both in our 60s and love NOW FOODS Spirulina. We think it really enhances our overall health. It is part of our daily routine.