Works well.

Posted by Reviewer2184515 on Jul 24, 2012

I take one in the afternoon with B6 and one at night before I go to sleep. I've found the quality of my sleep is has improved greatly.

Helps keep me on the up and up

Posted by diyhealthhunter on Jul 22, 2012

For the past year I have been taking 5-HTP combo with St. Johns wort. I find it relatively hard to explain the positive effects when taking it. The effects of not taking it are what I am aware of. I take it with such regularity I kind of forgot how I used to feel. Was kind of like waking up with it being overcast outside each day. Now even when it is overcast it is partly cloudy at worst and usually partly sunny in my mind. Yes diet, sleep, keeping hydrated etc...all play a part in mental health. I have just noticed that if I forget to take or stop taking for a few days (which i like to do to make sure everything is doing its job) things begin to be less than optimal. I take other things but nothing in that window after digestive enzymes at dinner and when I wake in the morning. I can tell the difference without more so than taking it constantly. I think after time your body gets its levels/base line up and it takes a few days of not having something for it to drop off again. I think it is worth a shot, I found St. Johns wort as a stand alone to be less than effective, together it works for me. I don't take any meds/pharmies nor do I drink etc...so I am fairly in tune with being able to monitor how my body reacts.

Positive mood

Posted by Reviewer1192749 on Jul 20, 2012

I have depression and i have tryed all kind of SSRI-pills without good success. When i'm taking one of these i'm much positive and happier person. It almost pushes me to tink positive way. Works

i dont know if it works

Posted by Reviewer2700149 on Jul 19, 2012

haven't finished bottle because apparently 5-htp infers with other meds and im too worried to take it.

Take this to calm your irritability!

Posted by flocksielady on Jul 12, 2012

I used to take an anti-depressant. Then I read about 5HTP and made the switch. No more pharmaceuticals for me! 5HTP works and I am never without it. NOW Foods provides value and quality in the supplement world, no doubt about it!

htp

Posted by Reviewer1523922 on Jun 28, 2012

good for anixty

effective

Posted by Reviewer3256810 on Jun 28, 2012

The NOW foods 5-HTP (100 mg or 50 mg) always works well for me. This supplement helps with sleep and pain.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3240802 on Jun 26, 2012

I take this with feverfew and acetaminophen to stop a migraine in the works. At the first sign of a migraine, I take one 5-HTP, two cpas of feverfew and the Tylenol. This is the first time ever that I have beeen able to beat a migraine without resorting to Ibuprophen or even heavier drugs. Highly recommended.

Like the lift but hurts my stomach

Posted by lifemyweigh on Jun 18, 2012

I like the lift that this product gives my mood, but it always hurts my stomach. Maybe I need to eat something when I take it. I usually take it before bedtime and it helps me to have really wild dreams! I don't like to eat anything before bedtime so I'm hoping to find this in an extended release pill

good!