Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Helps me to sleep like a baby

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Apr 08, 2011

I'm perimenopausal and for the past year was having sleep problems. Although having no difficulty getting to sleep, I'd not fall into a deep enough sleep and so be waking up several times during the night. Oftentimes I wouldn't get back to sleep at all and would lie awake until morning - very annoying and very tiring! I didn't want to take medication and upon doing some research found that 5-HTP can help with sleep problems. I was sceptical, but to my delight found that 5-HTP worked almost straight away. One of these taken before bedtime works a treat, so that now I wake up in the night usually only once (for a bathroom visit) and after can go straight back to sleep again. Occasionally I've slept through the night without taking at all - result! I'm now on my 2nd bottle and will continue taking it. I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone who's suffering from sleep problems similar to what I used to experience.

Sleep much better!!!

Posted by Reviewer2615656 on Apr 13, 2010

The 5-HTP has made a significant difference in the quality of my sleep. I used to wake up COUNTLESS times throughout the night, and now I only wake up a few times.

Love this product

Posted by Reviewer1251902 on Aug 26, 2010

I use this with melatonin every night and find it is the best sleeping aid. I was on sleeping tablets for many years, due to incessant tinnitus and found myself feeling the residual drugged feeling, in the morning but with 5 HTP and melatonin, I go into the best sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

Tinnitus - Ageing - Energy

Posted by Reviewer1454935 on Sep 22, 2010

This product keeps me moving, helps my skin, disposition and tinnitus' should I skip my regimen it down plays my energy level and my tinnitus peaks. Have not experienced any adverse side effects. Highly recommended to anyone trying to improve his or her quality of health.

Helps keep me on the up and up

Posted by diyhealthhunter on Jul 22, 2012

For the past year I have been taking 5-HTP combo with St. Johns wort. I find it relatively hard to explain the positive effects when taking it. The effects of not taking it are what I am aware of. I take it with such regularity I kind of forgot how I used to feel. Was kind of like waking up with it being overcast outside each day. Now even when it is overcast it is partly cloudy at worst and usually partly sunny in my mind. Yes diet, sleep, keeping hydrated etc...all play a part in mental health. I have just noticed that if I forget to take or stop taking for a few days (which i like to do to make sure everything is doing its job) things begin to be less than optimal. I take other things but nothing in that window after digestive enzymes at dinner and when I wake in the morning. I can tell the difference without more so than taking it constantly. I think after time your body gets its levels/base line up and it takes a few days of not having something for it to drop off again. I think it is worth a shot, I found St. Johns wort as a stand alone to be less than effective, together it works for me. I don't take any meds/pharmies nor do I drink etc...so I am fairly in tune with being able to monitor how my body reacts.