Amazing product!

Posted by 4731526521336925335 on Sep 29, 2014

I've used NOW Foods' 5-htp for about roughly a month now. I started taking it for OCD, after being on several different SSRIs like Zoloft and Paxil, which didn't do anything for me aside from the nasty side effects. After I used a BCAA supplement for my workouts, which seemingly blocked serotonin, and consequently caused my OCD to spiral out of control (I have the Pure O variant which causes intrusive thoughts), I figured out that my OCD was indeed a serotonin problem, and it only made sense to me that if there wasa supplement that could block serotonin, why wouldn't there be one that helped raise it? So sure enough, my research almost immediatly led me to 5-htp. I gradually built up the dose over the course of days, starting with 100mg before bed time, and eventually ending up at 300mg a day, which is 100mg per meal. Now, after about two weeks I finally started noticing its effects on my mood, and thankfully also my anxiety. I dare say it has greatly decreased my obsessive-compulsive thoughts in general, and those that remain don't bother me as much anymore. I'm convinced it will only get better from here. I recommend this stuff to anyone that tried synthetic medication unsuccessfully and see how it works out for you! I use this in combination with rhodiola rosea root now, which I had used before on its own, and didn't quite help me, but in combination with the 5-htp it further enhances my mood. All in all, to make a long story short, this stuff works!

does the job

Posted by Reviewer2711508 on Dec 18, 2009

I have no idea if brand makes a difference with 5-htp, but this seems like a good one, and a good price for the quantity.

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Posted by Reviewer2778902 on Feb 19, 2010

Great

Great mood enhancer

Posted by Reviewer2855699 on Jan 31, 2013

5-HTP has really helped me maintain a more constant positive mood. They definately help control the modd swings. Easy to swallow capsule.

The cure for clinical depression

Posted by Reviewer2859583 on Oct 08, 2010

This works like you wouldn't believe. Was told by a physician that a pharmaceutical SSRI was the only way for me to feel better. This product offers neurotransmitter support. I use it with happy camper and I actually am feeling better than I did after 6 months on the SSRI.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2611721 on Oct 28, 2007

I use this every night to help with sleep. Good value and quality product.

good suppliment

Posted by Reviewer2621856 on Apr 11, 2008

Good suppliment to take on an everyday basis if your feeling depressed. Works well on restoring neurotransimtter balance or serotonin after a big weekend out on the pills.

magnifico

Posted by Reviewer2560138 on Feb 16, 2010

excelente producto,para la ansiedad.

5-HTP - best sleep aide on the market

Posted by Reviewer2560771 on Jan 27, 2009

My 19 year old daughter has been having a hard time in the dorm getting to sleep and my sister recommended this product. Happy to say my daughter now sleeps like a baby - better since she didn't sleep much as a baby.

Works