Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Feels good

Posted by Reviewer3287921 on Jun 30, 2011

My mood is better and more stable. Cannot figure out any other reason than starting with 5-HTP. Only kind of down side is that dreams have become wicked..

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1190932 on Jun 10, 2009

My wife has daily wicked headaches. This seems to be the only natural pill that works.

Now Foods 5-htp

Posted by Reviewer1200435 on Mar 14, 2011

This did more for my appetite than my depression, and I advise not to mix this with st john's wort specially the full dose because it can cause slow borderline serotonin syndrome over time approximately 2 weeks or more. Side effects: upset stomach, Help my appetite '*****' Helped my depression '***' Helped my sleep '**' Helped my energy level '*****' Good Luck

BE CAUTIOUS: ALLERGY/SIDE EFFECTS

Posted by Reviewer1291546 on Aug 30, 2011

On the 1st day I took it before bedtime as instructed, and the next morning I developed serious itchy rashes on my lower legs. I also had running nose, watery eyes and an itchy throat. I suspected an allergy reaction and went to my GP, who confirmed my doubt and gave me some anti-histamine medication. And it took another 4 days for the rashes and other symptom to fully subside. Now it is over a week and I still have some red dots left on my legs. I am not prone to allergy and this is the first time I have ever got rashes on my body (me a healthy female in my early 20s, currently under stress and took this product for better moods and sleep quality). It might work for some people as all those good ratings cannot be fake, but your mileage may vary and please at least google side effects of 5-htp before you decide to give it a try.

Helps Ease Anxiety and OCD Thoughts and Rituals

Posted by rabbit on Aug 30, 2012

I have taken this brand of 5-HTP for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It cured my insomnia and I am now able to sleep through the night. It has helped immensely in lessening my depression. It also helps ease anxiety as well as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) thoughts and rituals. In some ways, it works immediately - The first time that I took the 5-HTP, in about 30 minutes, I felt euphoric - happy, relaxed, and sleepy. I slept through the night, and still do. It was a relief to know that it worked that fast. It takes maybe three to four weeks to notice more permanent changes in mood, like an all-day improvement in depression, instead of the immediate effect that it has after you take it because it is leveling out the seratonin/melatonin levels in the brain. In regard to my OCD, I notice that I have fewer intrusive thoughts and feel less of a need to constantly check things to ensure that they feel right. 5-HTP has been compared to traditional anti-depressants, with relatively no side effects. For a week or two you may have intense and vivid dreams. I also had increased headaches for the first week or two, but after that it significantly reduced my migraines. I take only one capsule (100 mg) a day at night before bed. (The recommended time to take it is about a half hour to an hour before bedtime.) I fully recommend this product because it really has done wonders for me.