Cured my insomnia

Posted by Reviewer1198980 on Jan 06, 2008

This helps my insomnia tremendously! I work night shift and have a hard time sleeping during the day; I take one of these pills (on an empty stomach) and it puts me to sleep w/in an hour! Even puts me to sleep through the sound of my bf's snoring! amazing stuff!

Works Well

Posted by Reviewer1556927 on Nov 17, 2008

This is my first time buying 5-HTP and all I can say is it works! It has a good mellow type of relaxing feel to it, in a way makes me happier dealing with things. You do have to be careful with how many you take because it did cause nausea like side effects and headaches when my friend took 2 pills (she weighs only 120 pounds). But I take around 3 pills a day and haven't had such pronounced effects. Great Product and Fast shipping and prices from this company!!

results are unclear

Posted by Reviewer2358105 on Feb 11, 2010

I'm not sure if I'm responding to this product. After reading the book The Mood Cure by Julia Ross, I decided that I may be lacking in seratonin. I have been taking one caplet in the afternoon about 1-2hrs. after lunch. I am sleeping through the night for the most part now instead of waking up and not being able to fall back asleep b/c I'm worrying about something going on in my life. So, in that way, this product may be responsible for that improvement. Note: as the instructions on the bottle say, don't take this product with food or just before or after eating. I experienced serious stomach pain (gasey feeling) one day when I accidentally took it with a meal.

Helps with depression

Posted by Reviewer2123273 on Oct 11, 2007

I have had a lifelong struggle with depression, but refused to take artificial antidepressants because of side-effects. 5-HTP is a natural chemical found in foods like turkey. It is a precursor to seratonin, so it gives my body what it needs to make more seratonin, rather than stopping the brain cells from taking it out of the bloodstream. I have not been depressed since I started taking 5-HTP about 3 years ago. I recommend it to everyone who deals with depression. (Though, it isn't appropriate for people who are biopolar. And you shouldn't take it if you are on certain types of medicine.) There is a lot of great literature available. I recommend educating yourself and trying it if you suffer from depression or anxiety, want to lose weight, or quit smoking. It helps with all kinds of serotonin-related problems.

Digestion

Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Dec 12, 2011

This has stopped my IBS & improved digestion. My stomach also now rumbles & makes noises when I am hungry or digesting a meal. It has not done that for as long as I can remember. Has also greatly improved my quality of sleep.