Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Works Well

Posted by Reviewer1556927 on Nov 17, 2008

This is my first time buying 5-HTP and all I can say is it works! It has a good mellow type of relaxing feel to it, in a way makes me happier dealing with things. You do have to be careful with how many you take because it did cause nausea like side effects and headaches when my friend took 2 pills (she weighs only 120 pounds). But I take around 3 pills a day and haven't had such pronounced effects. Great Product and Fast shipping and prices from this company!!

Cured my insomnia

Posted by Reviewer1198980 on Jan 06, 2008

This helps my insomnia tremendously! I work night shift and have a hard time sleeping during the day; I take one of these pills (on an empty stomach) and it puts me to sleep w/in an hour! Even puts me to sleep through the sound of my bf's snoring! amazing stuff!

best ever for ME !! CURE FOR CONSTIPATION

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Jun 15, 2011

this thing CURED my chronic constipation OVERNIGHT, no kidding. I had not been to the bathroom without 'help' for 7 MONTHS, and right after beginning w 5htp it ALL went away. my chronic constipation was due to too low serotonin levels, which is why this fixed it so quickly. probiotics were useless... i need 200-300 mg per day

Digestion

Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Dec 12, 2011

This has stopped my IBS & improved digestion. My stomach also now rumbles & makes noises when I am hungry or digesting a meal. It has not done that for as long as I can remember. Has also greatly improved my quality of sleep.

Helps with depression

Posted by Reviewer2123273 on Oct 11, 2007

I have had a lifelong struggle with depression, but refused to take artificial antidepressants because of side-effects. 5-HTP is a natural chemical found in foods like turkey. It is a precursor to seratonin, so it gives my body what it needs to make more seratonin, rather than stopping the brain cells from taking it out of the bloodstream. I have not been depressed since I started taking 5-HTP about 3 years ago. I recommend it to everyone who deals with depression. (Though, it isn't appropriate for people who are biopolar. And you shouldn't take it if you are on certain types of medicine.) There is a lot of great literature available. I recommend educating yourself and trying it if you suffer from depression or anxiety, want to lose weight, or quit smoking. It helps with all kinds of serotonin-related problems.