Best of the natural antidepressants..

Posted by Reviewer3119327 on Dec 06, 2009

..at least for me and I've tried most of them like RHodiola, b vitamins etc. Takes a few weeks to really get the best effects so keep taking it if you're blue.

Posted by Reviewer2272508 on May 23, 2010

Read the reviews and decided to try this product. I highly recommend it for being able to reduce stress/anxiety. I take it at night which has helped me to sleep peacefully. When under a lot of stress, I take an extra pill in the mornings...makes my day more manageable.

Perfect

Posted by Reviewer1411287 on Mar 30, 2009

This stuff has saved my life! No more synthetic, doctor-prescribed, side affect ridden junk for me! My seretonin is balanced, my energy is back, my drive and zest for life has returned and I couldn't be more pleased with the fact that it's MUCH cheaper than the doctor's prescription!!!

Healthy Seep and Attitude

Posted by Reviewer2527911 on Jul 22, 2008

Wonderful for people that love a good nights sleep and , a positive mood, wake up feeling refreshed. After years on this..and having tried other brands this brand and one other are heads above the others. Some may as well be empty capsules. An adult male can take 3-4 each night . there are no problems.. A great addition for anyone. Mainer

Anti-Anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1964602 on Jan 15, 2008

Reduces anxiety, no side-effects. Throw away those anti-depressants, like prozac

It's my miracle cure

Posted by 5444565716563582982 on Oct 20, 2015

I've been feeling mentally unwell, lethargic, anxious for the last 15 years, which has progressively gotten worse. It took me great effort to get out of bed, shower and get myself to work. Docs put me on valdoxan, worked brilliantly for 8 months then just stopped working and me me irritable. I weaned myself off and took 100mg 5htp in the night, b complex vitamins in the day and I have to say, I feel like my old self circa 1999. It's a great feeling!!! I'm more energised, rarely irritated, no more mood swings. My migraines are less frequent. I'm happier. I'm able to get out of bed, shower, and just love life. I'll keep buying this until it stops working. Hopefully never.

Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer1560640 on Jul 10, 2011

This combined with st johns wort is the best natural way to attention depression/anxiety...i suffered greatly and the medical professions drugs made things worse...i decided to get rid of the synthetic meds and give this combination a try ...5 HTP with St Johns Wort....within 3 days i felt like my life was given back to me on a silver tray...i have'nt had a relapse in over 2 years but i continue on occassion to have this supplement for times when i feel a bit off...Awesome product

Helps keep me on the up and up

Posted by diyhealthhunter on Jul 22, 2012

For the past year I have been taking 5-HTP combo with St. Johns wort. I find it relatively hard to explain the positive effects when taking it. The effects of not taking it are what I am aware of. I take it with such regularity I kind of forgot how I used to feel. Was kind of like waking up with it being overcast outside each day. Now even when it is overcast it is partly cloudy at worst and usually partly sunny in my mind. Yes diet, sleep, keeping hydrated etc...all play a part in mental health. I have just noticed that if I forget to take or stop taking for a few days (which i like to do to make sure everything is doing its job) things begin to be less than optimal. I take other things but nothing in that window after digestive enzymes at dinner and when I wake in the morning. I can tell the difference without more so than taking it constantly. I think after time your body gets its levels/base line up and it takes a few days of not having something for it to drop off again. I think it is worth a shot, I found St. Johns wort as a stand alone to be less than effective, together it works for me. I don't take any meds/pharmies nor do I drink etc...so I am fairly in tune with being able to monitor how my body reacts.

Great product

Posted by TheSoulfulSpoon on Aug 18, 2012

This product is a must have for me. I have battled with depression and overeating all my life and this product WORKS> it does not simply make you not hungry, but gives you a more positive outlook and really takes the "blues" feelings away that can lead to a crummy eating lifestyle and depression proned activities like overeating. I take 2 in the morning before breakfast and 2 before dinner. I also sleep better too.

Not very effective.

Posted by Reviewer3220333 on Nov 17, 2011

This doesn't help me to sleep whether I take it 30mins, one hour or one and a half hours before my sleep. The closer to my bedtime I take it, the more likely I will taste a bitterness in the back of my throat after I lie down on the bed for a while. I really wanted it to work.