Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Not very effective.

Posted by Reviewer3220333 From Singapore on Nov 17, 2011

This doesn't help me to sleep whether I take it 30mins, one hour or one and a half hours before my sleep. The closer to my bedtime I take it, the more likely I will taste a bitterness in the back of my throat after I lie down on the bed for a while. I really wanted it to work.

Mood booster

Posted by Reviewer2260552 From Indiana on May 08, 2009

I've taken this supplement for years to fight depression and boost my mood. Despite the advice on the label I take it on an empty stomach in the morning with my morning coffee. The coffee seems to have a synergetic effect with the 5-htp. In the winter I often take it in the afternoon with coffee. If I take it before bed (without coffee!) I find it energizes me, disturbing my sleep.

Serotonin Dreams

Posted by Reviewer3094803 From California on Feb 05, 2007

Great product. What they don't tell you about is that with 5HTP, especially when you first start using it, you remember your dreams when you wake up. Amazing stuff. And if you want to increase the effectiveness of 5HTP add about 50mg of Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate.

Posted by Reviewer2272508 From North Carolina on May 23, 2010

Read the reviews and decided to try this product. I highly recommend it for being able to reduce stress/anxiety. I take it at night which has helped me to sleep peacefully. When under a lot of stress, I take an extra pill in the mornings...makes my day more manageable.

best ever for ME !! CURE FOR CONSTIPATION

Posted by Reviewer2624820 From Canada on Jun 15, 2011

this thing CURED my chronic constipation OVERNIGHT, no kidding. I had not been to the bathroom without 'help' for 7 MONTHS, and right after beginning w 5htp it ALL went away. my chronic constipation was due to too low serotonin levels, which is why this fixed it so quickly. probiotics were useless... i need 200-300 mg per day