Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Digestion

Posted by Reviewer2167095 From Australia on Dec 12, 2011

This has stopped my IBS & improved digestion. My stomach also now rumbles & makes noises when I am hungry or digesting a meal. It has not done that for as long as I can remember. Has also greatly improved my quality of sleep.

Sandy Wilhelm

Posted by Reviewer1656423 From Oregon on Jul 25, 2008

I used 5-HTP while on a cleanse to get rid of carb cravings. I was afraid of withdrawal since i reduced carbs a lot a few times, and went into the "black hole" with depression. I remember someone warning me about that, and had some carbs and pulled out of it, but it's not a place i'd ever want to go. So I thought i'd try this with my cleanse, and I had no problems with carb cravings at all. I was amazed. I know my brother-in-law uses it for depression of some sort, and his family says he is a different person. His whole attitude is better, and they can get along with him. He is willing to take this, but he would take his medication like he was supposed to so this was a real blessing for him.

The best 5HTP

Posted by Reviewer3260068 From Great Britain on May 16, 2009

I love this 5HTP. I've tried all the others, including enteric coated, but I always come back to this one. I've probably been taking it for about 4 years now every night. I find that taking one 100mg tablet when I go to bed works best for me. About half an hour later I feel very sleepy and drop off. I've tried higher doses, i've tried taking it through the day, but this dose is my optimal dose. If I dont take it I start to feel sad during the day (I initially took it for sleep). I think i'll be taking it forever now.

Fantastic Product Against Depression!

Posted by Reviewer2869993 From Norway on Feb 27, 2008

I used Prozac for about 18months, and did not like the way it changed my personality. And I still had big ups and down-down-downs! I wanted to switch to a natural product and started to google around about depression. After reading several articles about 5-HTP, I felt that this was the product I'd been looking for. The order from iHerb arrived on time (as always) and the product itself is AMAZING! I could feel a difference after only ONE PILL! Now I have so much more energy (I don't really know what to do with it since I'm used to lie on the couch all day), my cravings are minimized and my mood is fantastic and STABLE. I'm definitely going to use this product as long as I have to! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I didn't get good results with NOW.

Posted by Reviewer1349105 From Japan on Dec 20, 2007

I've used 3 different brands of 5-HTP and I got wonderful results from two of the three. NOW was the one I didn't like because I didn't get anything from it. I took Solaray and Vita-Herb brands and they both have helped tremendously with my anxiety. I personally don't recommend NOW's 5-HTP.