Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Clearance

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Best of the natural antidepressants..

Posted by Reviewer3119327 on Dec 06, 2009

..at least for me and I've tried most of them like RHodiola, b vitamins etc. Takes a few weeks to really get the best effects so keep taking it if you're blue.

Posted by Reviewer2272508 on May 23, 2010

Read the reviews and decided to try this product. I highly recommend it for being able to reduce stress/anxiety. I take it at night which has helped me to sleep peacefully. When under a lot of stress, I take an extra pill in the mornings...makes my day more manageable.

Vivid dreams

Posted by Reviewer1393364 on Mar 31, 2010

I don't know how well or not these caps work- I've been taking them for a few weeks now and haven't noticed THAT much change, but I've heard that their impact is subtle. However, I immediately started having vivid dreams and just about every morning will remember what I dreamt about the night before. That may or may not be a good thing for some people- for me, it goes either way, since they're not always "happy" dreams. I'll continue to take them until I use up the bottle and then will probably have more insight as to how effective these caps are for me.

Not very effective.

Posted by Reviewer3220333 on Nov 17, 2011

This doesn't help me to sleep whether I take it 30mins, one hour or one and a half hours before my sleep. The closer to my bedtime I take it, the more likely I will taste a bitterness in the back of my throat after I lie down on the bed for a while. I really wanted it to work.

The best 5HTP

8 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer3260068 on May 16, 2009

I love this 5HTP. I've tried all the others, including enteric coated, but I always come back to this one. I've probably been taking it for about 4 years now every night. I find that taking one 100mg tablet when I go to bed works best for me. About half an hour later I feel very sleepy and drop off. I've tried higher doses, i've tried taking it through the day, but this dose is my optimal dose. If I dont take it I start to feel sad during the day (I initially took it for sleep). I think i'll be taking it forever now.