10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Helps with sleep and dreaming!

Posted by Reviewer2253579 on Mar 07, 2008

This helps with deep sleep (I don't seem to thrash at all now), dreaming, and it also seems to help elevate mood.

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps (

Posted by Reviewer2158908 on Oct 11, 2008

I use it only in combination with Jarrow Theanine 100mg. It works magic. I retain a good sleep and awake in the morning refreshed :) Santa Barbara

Helps Ease Anxiety and OCD Thoughts and Rituals

Posted by rabbit on Aug 30, 2012

I have taken this brand of 5-HTP for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It cured my insomnia and I am now able to sleep through the night. It has helped immensely in lessening my depression. It also helps ease anxiety as well as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) thoughts and rituals. In some ways, it works immediately - The first time that I took the 5-HTP, in about 30 minutes, I felt euphoric - happy, relaxed, and sleepy. I slept through the night, and still do. It was a relief to know that it worked that fast. It takes maybe three to four weeks to notice more permanent changes in mood, like an all-day improvement in depression, instead of the immediate effect that it has after you take it because it is leveling out the seratonin/melatonin levels in the brain. In regard to my OCD, I notice that I have fewer intrusive thoughts and feel less of a need to constantly check things to ensure that they feel right. 5-HTP has been compared to traditional anti-depressants, with relatively no side effects. For a week or two you may have intense and vivid dreams. I also had increased headaches for the first week or two, but after that it significantly reduced my migraines. I take only one capsule (100 mg) a day at night before bed. (The recommended time to take it is about a half hour to an hour before bedtime.) I fully recommend this product because it really has done wonders for me.

Herbs Are The Greatest

Posted by Reviewer3315506 on Feb 18, 2007

Works very well. I Use Gaba with this product as well. Alternative Doctor Suggested To me & it Does wonders..Is much better than sleeping pills & drugs that leave you with drug hangovers..With both of these it takes away lots of depression.Hope it works as well for you as me .. Thanks Donnie

Anti-Anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1964602 on Jan 15, 2008

Reduces anxiety, no side-effects. Throw away those anti-depressants, like prozac