Worth trying

Posted by girlgonevegan on Jun 16, 2011

I'm a very skeptical person and I tend to think it doesn't help anything, BUT I'm so much happier, lost 4 pounds and I'm sleeping better. Maybe it's just placebo/coincidence, maybe 5-HTP works for real. The bad thing is that I don't want to stop taking it!

Helps me to sleep like a baby

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Apr 08, 2011

I'm perimenopausal and for the past year was having sleep problems. Although having no difficulty getting to sleep, I'd not fall into a deep enough sleep and so be waking up several times during the night. Oftentimes I wouldn't get back to sleep at all and would lie awake until morning - very annoying and very tiring! I didn't want to take medication and upon doing some research found that 5-HTP can help with sleep problems. I was sceptical, but to my delight found that 5-HTP worked almost straight away. One of these taken before bedtime works a treat, so that now I wake up in the night usually only once (for a bathroom visit) and after can go straight back to sleep again. Occasionally I've slept through the night without taking at all - result! I'm now on my 2nd bottle and will continue taking it. I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone who's suffering from sleep problems similar to what I used to experience.

Sleep like a baby with this

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 16, 2016

After chronic sleep problems for the last 18 years, I sleep like a baby and it makes me much happier!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Melatonin ended up depressing me. However I had to switch to the 50mg version as 100mg bombs me out too much. I recommend trying the 50mg first. Make sure you take tablet immediately on getting in bed though for maximum effects. If I take it and stay up for even a few minutes, because it seems to take fairly instant effect...within a minute or two....my brain seems to counteract it somehow and cancel out the effect. (Feel free to visit my page for more reviews by clicking on my username.)

Slept soundly!

Posted by Reviewer2853471 on Jan 09, 2012

WOW! I couldn't sleep (partner snores!) and took one of these in desperation not expecting much. But WOAH! For the first time in a long time I fell asleep THROUGH the noise! No more endless nights of kicking and elbowing....lol

Excellent mood stabiliser!

Posted by Reviewer2163092 on Jan 21, 2012

For me personally, 5-HTP does wonders in keeping my mood relatively high throughout the day with just one capsule in the morning with breakfast. It's not a magic bullet by any means (no supplement is, mind), as I can still feel depressed or irritable whenever the circumstances occur (as any normal person would). Saying that, 5-HTP is one of the few supplements I constantly re-order in order to have a consistent supply; they're that good!

NOW

Posted by Reviewer2600885 on Sep 17, 2011

Amazing how you see such great results after just two weeks. I highly recommend this company.

Now Foods 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer1456970 on Nov 06, 2011

I've been using Now Foods 5-HTP for years and I've never found anything as good.

Knocks me out and I sleep deeply

Posted by Sandra on Nov 28, 2015

It takes a while but it works. I now no longer need to take antidepressant/sleeping pills like trazadone etc. It really helped me to kick off my trazadone which I was taking for nearly 2 years. Trazadone is the worst thing to cold turkey on; I thought I was dying. If I am really stressed and can't sleep I add some tryptophan to fall asleep; but that is rare. Wake up feeling relaxed and well rested.

SUPER POTENT ANTIDEPRESSANT

Posted by 4816614578323688251 on Feb 19, 2015

this product is very effective, one pill will definitely eliminate your depression. i was on prescribed antidepressants since 2003 and i came off "cold turkey" but i felt no withdrawal symptoms because of 5-htp and this is the best way to stop taking them rather than cutting off your dose slowly and painfully i take 5-htp in combination with L-tyrosine.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOTH OF THEM

Great product for PTSD

Posted by Reviewer2692763 on Oct 15, 2016

This is a great product and a lifesaver used in conjunction with gaba and melatonin. Extreme PTSD in my son was bought under control using Gaba in the morning and 5htp at bedtime with melatonin. Gaba calms and gets the brain communicating properly 5htp calms and keeps moods on the up. Great stuff.