Now Foods 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer1456970 on Nov 06, 2011

I've been using Now Foods 5-HTP for years and I've never found anything as good.

Knocks me out and I sleep deeply

Posted by Sandra on Nov 28, 2015

It takes a while but it works. I now no longer need to take antidepressant/sleeping pills like trazadone etc. It really helped me to kick off my trazadone which I was taking for nearly 2 years. Trazadone is the worst thing to cold turkey on; I thought I was dying. If I am really stressed and can't sleep I add some tryptophan to fall asleep; but that is rare. Wake up feeling relaxed and well rested.

SUPER POTENT ANTIDEPRESSANT

Posted by 4816614578323688251 on Feb 19, 2015

this product is very effective, one pill will definitely eliminate your depression. i was on prescribed antidepressants since 2003 and i came off "cold turkey" but i felt no withdrawal symptoms because of 5-htp and this is the best way to stop taking them rather than cutting off your dose slowly and painfully i take 5-htp in combination with L-tyrosine.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOTH OF THEM

A good one but the effects are short lasting

Posted by 5279111227043442885 on Apr 21, 2016

I have never been taking this supplement and since I work in a healthy food store where we sell these kind of stuff I got to know this product. In my country (Croatia, Europe) this product is very expensive so I am happy that we have iHerb where everything is not that expensive. This product is no miracle but it will help you to become calm and your thoughts will be easy flowing. I noticed that it takes around 30-60 minutes for HTP to start working in your brain. The feeling is similiar when you are done with gym workout and you feel like you are on a cloud, and dont give a heck about anything. I also noticed that I want to sing when I take it :) The negative side is that the effects of the pill last 2-3 hours. Also dont take more than one pill at a time because it will increase anxiety and negative thoughts. I dont suffer from any mental condition that would require for me to take HTP but I took it out of curiosity. Summary, it is pretty decent product that will help you through a stresfull day but the effects are not long enough. Greets from beautiful Croatia :)

So far so good.

Posted by Reviewer3155280 on Sep 16, 2011

I actually feel good on it. Been on st johns and that didn't do much for me. I like it!!! Puts me in a better mood. But, doesn't help w sleep for me though. Price is good too.

Feels good

Posted by Reviewer3287921 on Jun 30, 2011

My mood is better and more stable. Cannot figure out any other reason than starting with 5-HTP. Only kind of down side is that dreams have become wicked..

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1190932 on Jun 10, 2009

My wife has daily wicked headaches. This seems to be the only natural pill that works.

Now Foods 5-htp

Posted by Reviewer1200435 on Mar 14, 2011

This did more for my appetite than my depression, and I advise not to mix this with st john's wort specially the full dose because it can cause slow borderline serotonin syndrome over time approximately 2 weeks or more. Side effects: upset stomach, Help my appetite '*****' Helped my depression '***' Helped my sleep '**' Helped my energy level '*****' Good Luck

Good, no complaints.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Apr 29, 2010

This seems to be good stuff and is both cheaper and more effective than the over the counter brand I was using. However I personally found L-Tryptophan taken with Vitamin B6 P5P(Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) and a small serving of complex carbs to be the most effective for my particular situation (Bipolar II, rapid cycling.) However I always keep this on hand for when I need to be more alert as the L-Tryptophan can be a little sedating at times.

Great price on this indispensable seratonin precursor!

Posted by Reviewer2516000 on May 01, 2008

Good for my fibromyalgia pain, very affordable, not habit-forming.