Slept soundly!

Posted by Reviewer2853471 on Jan 09, 2012

WOW! I couldn't sleep (partner snores!) and took one of these in desperation not expecting much. But WOAH! For the first time in a long time I fell asleep THROUGH the noise! No more endless nights of kicking and elbowing....lol

Excellent mood stabiliser!

Posted by Reviewer2163092 on Jan 21, 2012

For me personally, 5-HTP does wonders in keeping my mood relatively high throughout the day with just one capsule in the morning with breakfast. It's not a magic bullet by any means (no supplement is, mind), as I can still feel depressed or irritable whenever the circumstances occur (as any normal person would). Saying that, 5-HTP is one of the few supplements I constantly re-order in order to have a consistent supply; they're that good!

NOW

Posted by Reviewer2600885 on Sep 17, 2011

Amazing how you see such great results after just two weeks. I highly recommend this company.

Now Foods 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer1456970 on Nov 06, 2011

I've been using Now Foods 5-HTP for years and I've never found anything as good.

So far so good.

Posted by Reviewer3155280 on Sep 16, 2011

I actually feel good on it. Been on st johns and that didn't do much for me. I like it!!! Puts me in a better mood. But, doesn't help w sleep for me though. Price is good too.

Feels good

Posted by Reviewer3287921 on Jun 30, 2011

My mood is better and more stable. Cannot figure out any other reason than starting with 5-HTP. Only kind of down side is that dreams have become wicked..

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1190932 on Jun 10, 2009

My wife has daily wicked headaches. This seems to be the only natural pill that works.

Now Foods 5-htp

Posted by Reviewer1200435 on Mar 14, 2011

This did more for my appetite than my depression, and I advise not to mix this with st john's wort specially the full dose because it can cause slow borderline serotonin syndrome over time approximately 2 weeks or more. Side effects: upset stomach, Help my appetite '*****' Helped my depression '***' Helped my sleep '**' Helped my energy level '*****' Good Luck

Good, no complaints.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Apr 29, 2010

This seems to be good stuff and is both cheaper and more effective than the over the counter brand I was using. However I personally found L-Tryptophan taken with Vitamin B6 P5P(Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) and a small serving of complex carbs to be the most effective for my particular situation (Bipolar II, rapid cycling.) However I always keep this on hand for when I need to be more alert as the L-Tryptophan can be a little sedating at times.

Great price on this indispensable seratonin precursor!

Posted by Reviewer2516000 on May 01, 2008

Good for my fibromyalgia pain, very affordable, not habit-forming.