Great product

Posted by Reviewer2214959 on Jan 21, 2009

5HTP is a great supplement for those people that suffer from food cravings like me, specifically sugar and carbs cravings. The Now Foods 5-HTP is great because it comes in Vcaps, and it comes at a great price. I'm very satisfied with the product and the service from iHerb.

Helps with serotonin

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Jul 23, 2009

Dr. told me to take 200-300 mg of 5-Htp to improve serotonin for depression and migraines. It helps about 70%. Take before bed since it can make you sleepy. I take 400 mg SAM-e to help more.

5-HTP for Sleep

Posted by Reviewer1586404 on Jun 13, 2008

I take this every night and get more restful sleep. I haven't seen any indication it curbs my appetite as some say, but I'll take it for the sleep.

I've been using it for years

Posted by Reviewer1012974 on Oct 19, 2010

This is my tried and true mood booster and sleep aid for fibromyalgia. It can't take away the pain, but it can help you cope, and it helps make sleep a little easier.

Quality Product!

Posted by Reviewer2623455 on May 08, 2008

I have tried other brands of 5HTP and prefer Now Foods.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3158176 on May 06, 2010

Dramatic effect. Moods and irritability transformed. Life changer for the rest of the family.Highly recommend if you're trying to avoid medication.

Always a basic.

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

Not a day goes by without a 5-HTP. I have severe clinical depression and it's treated beautifully with this and St. John's Wort. My husband takes it too. The pharmaceutical antidepressants have too many side effects for me.

Very good.

Posted by Reviewer2245885 on Dec 05, 2009

Definetly has pos. effect on mood,outlook and quality of sleep. Appears to diminish appetite too. Does effect dreams. Need to be careful with the dosage as I have experienced some GI upset/effects;but was taking a high dosage(300mg) BID.Will cut back and add Tyrosine back to regime to balance neurotransmitter synthesis.

not as clear as other brand

Posted by Reviewer1386476 on Sep 17, 2008

My Dr. recommended 5 HTP for foggy thinking. My first purchase was Natural Balance brand 50 mg. It worked GREAT. I decided to try NOW because I use one of their multi's and have been pleased. But after taking this at 100 mg I am not as clear as I was on the NB brand, although I am better than I was before using anything. I will go back to NB after this.

5 HTP

Posted by Reviewer2721337 on Sep 24, 2008

I haven't been taking this product long enough (about two weeks) to really know if it has the advertised effect on me. I am confused by the directions for taking this brand of 5-HTP as compared to other brands; this one directs the user to take one at bedtime on an empty stomach, my previous brand directs the user to take one 3 - 4 time daily with food; another brand I researched directs the user to take one 2 - 3 times daily with or without food.