July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, 5-HTP, 200 mg, 60 Vcaps

Reviews 5-star

Highly Effective

Posted by Reviewer3079478 on Jun 18, 2009

My husband has suffered from depression for 25 years and the 5-HTP has been the only thing to make any impact. For the first time in years he is smiling and occaisionally able to do things he hasn't done in years. He takes it at a low dosage and it still accomplishes much good for him. I have been suffering from depression with an escalation in the last year to dangereous levels. 5-HTP has had a significant impact. It keeps the despair at bay so that I can still go to work and maintain some level of function. I will be increasing my dose to also address migraine headaches, and/or use when hit with a migraine and hope that it will prove as effective with that dysfunction as well. I highly recommend reading the research on this product. It has provided me the ability to continue on without longing for death every day. I am capable of acting, and thinking, and feeling, beyond the depression and despair which were becoming unmanageable and completely overwhelming prior to taking the 5-HTP. I now buy at a higher quantity for myself. Highly recommend.

Joyous Change!

Posted by Reviewer1411287 on Jan 24, 2009

I was taking Effexor XR and went off of it 'cold turkey' causing extreme dizziness, nausea and stuttering. I started 5HTP about 5 days into those withdrawal symptoms (which lasted 10 days!) and IMMEDIATELY felt my drive, joy , and energy return! I'm back in my work-out routine instead of the napping routing the effexor had me in and I feel like my healthy old happy self again!

Tired of Zoloft

Posted by Reviewer2661328 on Jan 22, 2008

I have been on Zoloft for several years to manage an anxiety disorder and depression. I have been wanting to take a more homeopathic approach to my health and started trying more natural supplemental support for these problems. I weaned off the Zoloft over the span of a few weeks before I began taking this. My moods were all over the place and depression returned. This does definitely have a positive effect. In fact I notice that during the day I can feel it wear off and since I wasn't sure if it was safe to take another dose, I have added St. John's Wort first thing in the morning. The jury is out as to whether I will be able to manage long term in this fashion, but there is definitely truth in the information that these can help manage anxiety/depressive mood disorders. I think it is probably still wise to talk with your doctor before trying these methods.

Helps Fibromyalgia

Posted by Reviewer2849284 on Aug 16, 2008

My functional medicine doctor recommended 5-HTP for fibromyalgia; it's phenomenal for ELIMINATING stiffness. When I'm really feeling it, I take 5-6 of these 200 mg vcaps, and all the stiffness goes away.

Love this stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2490120 on Aug 10, 2009

5-htp has allowed me to successfully discontinue using antidepressants - I'm happy, smiling and even crying when appropriate - I couldn't even cry while on antidepressants.