Used this for many years - a God send

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 15, 2016

5-HTP gives you tryptophan what the body needs to produce its own serotonin which enables you to fall asleep. As we age (or reach menopause), we produce much less serotonin and for many sleep becomes a problem. Great supplement, great brand and highly effective solution for insomnia. My advice is to take it immediately before getting into bed otherwise your brain will get the message that you want to stay awake and will take action to counter its effects - that's been my experience of some 20 years of using this. In the end I fully resolved my issue by addressing over-stressed adrenals (which is often a big factor in today's society and for women in menopause especially when symptoms go on for years). I took the herb Schizandra for my adrenals - miracle stuff. I am now cured of Chronic fatigue and insomnia after 9 years of searching for a solution to my sleep issues. (Feel free to go to my Iherb page for my 100 plus reviews by clicking on my username.)

Just re-ordered a 2nd bottle

Posted by Sandra on Nov 28, 2015

Will never be without this now. Best natural sleep aid. And I have tried St John's wort, melatonin which I hate as it gives me nightmares and makes me feel sluggish and irritable when I wake up. Valerian, and nothing seems to work except chemical sleeping pills which are addictive and mind numbing. Now I am sleeping pill free and can even sleep without 5HTP after 6 months of use. Great stuff and evens out my mood the next day.

Great Product

Posted by MusettaRose on Dec 31, 2013

This is a small dose, my husband needs 100mg of 5-htp, but my 16 year old only needs 50mg. He takes it around 4 in afternoon and one before bed, to improve sleep cycles as per the book, 'the mood cure'. It is helping for depression too for my husband. However I also have to say that 5-htp has a bad effect on me, initially it works within minutes, but after a couple days my body feels weird and uncomfortable. Apparently 15% of people cannot tolerate 5-HTP, so we take tryptophan instead.

Awesomeness in a Bottle

Posted by 5135912271604025277 on Oct 15, 2013

I was diagnosed this year with depression, anxiety and bipolar and did not like being the medications. I discussed with my doctor coming off of the meds and though the dosage was reduced I stopped taking them all together. Though my triggers were not there and I felt I was coping ok, I got feedback from those around me that I still didn't appear present. I had a lack of interest in things, suffered from the blues and felt a lot of low moods. In my reading on natural supplements I found L-Tyrosine and have been taking it in the mornings before breakfast. At night I take 5-HTP 50mg, I felt the difference within the first week! I'm more balanced with my moods, sleep well and even have the motivation to get into my exercise routine. I do feel more mentally alert and ready to get back into activities I previously lost interest in (of course during this time, I also started going back to my therapist).I strongly recommend these products and advise not to mix with prescription drugs.

Really worked

Posted by 4663434867926418927 on Oct 09, 2013

I have never suffered from any long term depression. After several life changing events, I became depressed and unmotivated for WEEKS and that turned into months. I did not want a prescription medicine due to all the side effects involved. My therapist suggested I try this product. It worked immediately and is still working. I only take 50 mg a day at bedtime and am feeling like my old positive self again, THANK YOU for a great product and with no side effects at all for me.

Very good!!!

Posted by 4989229252838307601 on Sep 05, 2013

Very good!!!

HAPPY again <3

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 24, 2013

I have been struggling with depression on and off for more than 10 years. Not wanting to use anti-depressants, I was recommended this by my new Doc. I swear I will kiss him next time I see him; I am feeling SO much better and I am so very very grateful.

For a good night's sleep

Posted by australia on Feb 22, 2013

These help me sleep. Make sure you only take them in the evening though, because they make you very drowsy.

παρα πολυ καλο!

Posted by Reviewer2772376 on Sep 15, 2012

ειναι το καλυτερο 5-htp που εχω δοκιμασει!βελτιωνεται κατα πολυ η διαθεση,ο υπνοσ γινεται καλυτερος και το πρωι νιωθεις ξεκουραστος

Just what I expected.

Posted by 5684040477964522545 on Aug 08, 2012

I got this product to control my sleeping. Because of my job I have very bad sleeping habits. If I take two capsules I feel relaxed, not necesary sleepy, so I can go on with my normal activities. But as soon as I go to bed, I feel so calm that it is so easy to fall down slept.