10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 3 oz (85 g)

excellent quality, price, and customer service!

Posted by Reviewer2957418 on Jan 09, 2009

I give this to my son as part of the "mitochondrial cocktail" to help with his mitochondrial disease. I've learned that this product is his "energy button". If he has "too much" energy, I can dial it down by lowering his carnitine dose. Too little energy is easily resolved by increasing his carnitine dose. It's awesome! As a mom of a medically disabled child, I've learned to trust Now foods products and iherb.com's service. They've both earned my loyalty.

Possible Assistance for Sufferers of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

Posted by Reviewer3313786 on May 31, 2009

Being a diabetic with this painful and debilitating condition I fortunately had a friend who sent me a medical article dealing with this product and its use in treating Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. I first found some locally (at a much more expensive price) and took it home and tried 1/4 tsp in juice at noon. And (True Story) by 2:00pm my neuropathy was GONE. I am amazed that more sufferers are not made aware of this product as it has the potential to work in over 90% of those tested thus far. Try it. It's worth a try. Seriously, my pain is Totally Gone.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1119368 on Jul 29, 2009

I could feel an uplift in mood as soon as I drank 1/4 teaspoon of the Acetyl-L-Carnitine powder. You may want to do what I'm experimenting with, which is to take between 1/8 and 1/4 teaspoon several times a day, as some clinical trials show that Acetyl-L-Carnitine does not have much "staying power" (only about 30 minutes) inside the body. The fact that my mood improved while taking this product bears out clinical studies showing that people who are fatigued and depressed are simply brain-starved for some amino acids.

Feel more focused

Posted by Reviewer2002786 on Jan 19, 2011

Most supplements I don't feel any difference. This is different. Feels like my brain processes on an even higher level!

Easy to use in a smoothie, and it makes a difference

Posted by Reviewer1287175 on May 17, 2010

I do feel a difference in mental sharpness when taking this supplement. It's very easy to add to my morning smoothie, no distracting flavors at all. Very economical!