Now Foods, Acidophilus Three Billion, Stabilized, 180 Tablets

Great for warm climates

Posted by Reviewer1012974 From Arizona on Feb 23, 2008

I live in Southern AZ and used to buy acidophilus that needed refrigeration. What a pain! I started using the NOW foods stabilized acidophilus when I had a chance to go to Egypt a couple of summers ago. They survived the trip with flying colors without losing potency. Now I buy them all the time, because they're easy to carry with me. The heat can be tough on many meds, but these stand up to it.

This stuff is amazing!

Posted by Reviewer3294366 From Utah on Jan 10, 2009

I started taking this to introduce some beneficial bacteria into my system. I did not realize how much it would help with my digestion! I have been taking two a day, in the morning, and this product has almost complete alleviated troublesome gas that I was having whenever I ate harder to digest vegetables, such as cooked broccoli, cauliflower, celery, etc, not to mention beans. This stuff rocks!

Super for the Dog, Works Well for his Owner, Too.

Posted by Reviewer1313834 From Maryland on Jun 20, 2009

I previously took a capsule form of acidophilus. This new version is a dry pill that fizzes upon contact with water. I think it's doing the same thing as my previous pills, but the rapidly dissolving pill sometimes gets stuck in my throat. I also give one pill a day to my dog upon my vet's recommendation. For his dose, I add it to his dry dog food and fill the bowl with warm water and stir vigorously so the whole pill is dissolved before the beagle gulps it down. He was getting icky ear buildup and ear mites; also his coat was drier with itchy areas. The improvements in skin and fur quality are very noticable in the dog, which is why I started to take the pills daily myself!

Works

Posted by asiakrys From Poland on Apr 28, 2011

It cured my stomach, or rather, my intestines - it rebuilt healthy flora in the intestines within a month. Currently I use it to prevent similar digestive problems. And, what's worth mentioning, it doesn't need refrigeration.

Probiotic

Posted by Reviewer1492337 on Apr 13, 2011

I'm sure the product is doing what it's suppose to but I haven't noticed too much of a difference in digestion. I was told in could take 2-3 months to rebuild the good bacteria in my stomach. We will see. Because it's a hard capsule I can't give it to my dogs or baby. Was a bit disappointed that it also contains dairy. Had to get a different one for my lactose intolerant child.