• Reviews | English

Very tasty substitute for wheat flour!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

Excellent substitute for wheat flour in baking, it gives a richer taste. It contains the skin of the almonds too, which adds up to the fibre intake. The price is very good for the amount of product. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Tastes great, high in nutrition.

Posted by Reviewer1557324 on Oct 20, 2011

I am a type 2, diabetic and need to eat only good carbs of some nutritioal value. My pharamacist recommended this flour. Wheat flour of any kind, even whole wheat will raise your blood sugar. The only exception is sourdough white bread, but being a white bread is not very nutritous, but easier on blood sugar. I make up a pancake mix using this Almond flour, oat flour and oat bran, cinnamon, vanila and apple sauce. No wheat. I find cooking with only whole grain flours, I need to add more liquid and wait a few minutes as the whole grains soak up a lot more liquid. It takes about 10 minutes and adding liquid 3 times to get batter thin enough. I have been pleased with most of Now Food products and Iherb is fantastic to buy from. White flour is only good for wallpaper paste not human consumption. I think most of the wheat now days is GMO grains, grown in fields soaked in Monsanto Roundup.

cheap but if you are looking for blanched go elsewhere

Posted by Reviewer2409465 on Sep 16, 2010

this does the trick for making homemade crackers but if you need blanched (i.e. without the brown, gritty skins) then you need to look elsewhere. good price for the almond meal

Good flour, but NOT the kind recommended in the cookbook!

Posted by Reviewer1631637 on Jan 24, 2011

Just so you know, this is NOT the kind of almond flour recommended in "The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook" which I also purchased on this site. That cookbook recommends blanched almond flour. I did use this flour for one of the recipes though, and it did turn out ok... but supposedly blanched almond flour produces a "lighter" baked good. The cake I made with this flour had more of a brownie-like consistency.

Love This Flour

Posted by Reviewer2541215 on Aug 16, 2011

I make a great cookie out of this flour and it tastes better with the skins ground in. Very nice flour.

Whole new experience.

Posted by 4667548592701385778 on Jun 26, 2013

To those who, like me, avoid carbs in their food, this is the perfect solution for pastry and bread cravings. High-protein, low-carb muffins baked with this flour look amazing, taste amazing and help you build muscle without gaining gut weight. Awesome.

Delicious!

Posted by Reviewer1991426 on Feb 04, 2011

This stuff is amazing. I'm on a low-carb diet, and this lets me make pancakes and bake again! Also, it's made of almonds, so it's delicious.

Great Iherb service and products

Posted by Reviewer2849359 on Oct 06, 2010

Great flavor! Great for low carb recepies.

Yummy

Posted by Reviewer1271517 on Mar 23, 2011

I've never baked with almond flour before, but have found many tasty-sounding low-carb recipes using this. I really liked this flour, and will definitely be buying it again.

I love this!

Posted by Reviewer1653465 on Mar 26, 2011

I use this for baking, porridge, smoothies etc. It tastes really good and also it is low on carbs, which is important to me. Recommended! Remember to store it in a cold place to keep it fresh.