Used to love it but now looking elsewhere

Posted by emanuela on Jul 06, 2015

I used this after sunbathing... not only did it cool down my skin, but it also removed the excessive redness on my mum's face. Also, the mintiness seems to reduce the itching of the mosquito bites (not a problem here in the UK, but definitely in other countries...). UPDATE: It currently (July 2015) scores *3* overall on skindeep database PROBLEMS INGREDIENTS: 1) SODIUM HYDROXYMETHYLGLYCINATE (FORMALDEHYDE RELEASER !!! - Score 6 !!!) Cancer, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Contamination concerns (FORMALDEHYDE), Use restrictions - Data: Limited - 2) PHENOXYETHANOL (Score: 4) Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Occupational hazards, Use restrictions Not happy about these ingredients, so I am looking elsewhere. I also think the tube has become smaller over the years and therefore the product is more expensive than before.

nice stuff

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Jan 17, 2013

The peppermint cooling is very subtle. Works as just a moisturizer. Also, this is one of the VERY FEW aloe gels that DOES NOT have a bunch of toxic preservatives in it (parabens, any "benzoate" = BENZENE which is in a lot of the other brands on this site, and in commercial brands, DMDM hydantion works by releasing FORMALDEHYDE into a product)! This one is decently cost-effective compared to other brands.

Cooling

Posted by Zihuana on Jul 25, 2010

Many things to love about: nice mild-enough peppermint scent, great ingredients and sinks fast in - no sticky feeling afterwards. Really reliefs the skin after sun! (I tried it on face too combining with facial moisturizer, but my highly sensitive skin didn't care for it.)

Great

Posted by Reviewer2882983 on Aug 12, 2011

I had quite a few chances to test this gel and it works very well indeed. It pleasantly cools skin and relieves symptoms of sunburn. I even managed to make dad use it thanks to its natural scent. Will buy again!

Must have it if you travel south!!!

Posted by Reviewer2692438 on Sep 13, 2012

Spending a week in Bali.... my skin was red like a boiled lobster. Fortunately, I had this gel with me. Used it every night and my skin felt wonderful.

excellent

Posted by reflexheather on Jan 29, 2014

Used as aftersun worked really well. Good application coverage. Cooling and nice fresh smell. Best aloe gel I’ve used. Great on any dry skin and after shaving legs. No nasty chemicals, paraben free. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Genuine Aloe Vera Gel!

Posted by Reviewer2825176 on Jul 19, 2013

There are many skincare products that claims they are aloe vera gel, in the market. However, Most of them contain so little of aloe vera, which disappoints me because their main ingredients are mostly harsh chemicals. On the other hand, this one contains mostly genuine organic aloe vera! Amazing! The peppermint scent(real peppermint oil) is very refreshing also! I highly recommend this product! My sensitive skin trusts this!

Smoooth! ;)

Posted by 5694351045268285328 on Aug 06, 2013

Smells next to nothing. Goes on your skin easily without leaving a shiny or sticky layer. I use this in my hair as styling and it is perfect, leaves my hair moisturized and smooth.

exceptional value

Posted by Reviewer2117901 on Apr 29, 2011

not just aloe vera but also added some extra ingredients thats good for you`re skin and for just over 6$ for over 200ml is exceptional value:)

Like it very much

Posted by Reviewer1647855 on May 11, 2013

Love the coolness feel. Great price.