Now Foods Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600 mg

Posted by Reviewer3259995 on Oct 12, 2007

I have been using all of these products for Hasimoto's thyroiditis will excellent results. Labs are normal and symptoms are gone.

NOW Alpha Lipoic Acid 600 mg

Posted by Reviewer2457975 on Aug 05, 2008

My mother is 81 and has been taking 1200mg/day for the past 5 years. She has Alzheimers and has not gotten worse. She still remembers all of us, and only once in awhile she will repeat what she just told us. We swear by this stuff. My brother and I are both taking it now (in our 50's)

consumer

Posted by Reviewer2021283 on Jun 03, 2008

Excellent product, helped me reduce my glucose from the 200 to 120 range. I couldn't happier. The prices offered by iHerb is also remarkable. Mahrez Djelmane

Very effective product!

Posted by Reviewer1708672 on Oct 01, 2009

I lost my sense of smell as a result of many sinus infections. The doctor who tested me at a Taste and Smell Clinic advised me to take 400 to 600 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid daily to see if it would stimulate the sensory nerves to regenerate, and to protect my cognitive functioning. I didn't regain the sense of smell, but it definitely keeps me thinking more clearly. I like the Now Foods version of Alpha Lipoic Acid much better than the ones I tried from local stores. It is more effective and more reasonably priced.

Good quality, great value

Posted by Reviewer2516000 on Aug 28, 2008

My naturopathic physician recommended trying high doses of ALA to help with "brain fog" symptoms. This product allows me to meet the recommended dose without breaking the bank, and it's vegetarian.

WARNING!!! Do not use if you are mercury intoxicated

Posted by Reviewer1415685 on Apr 16, 2015

I bought this product for liver support, not knowing that Alpha Lipoic Acid = ALA. I am on a long and well thought out detox program, which starts with bowel cleanse and liver cleanse, and then mercury detox. I didn't read all the info on the mercury detox yet because that comes later and it is a lot of info. So first a did the Now Foods Bowel Cleanse, which worked well, I lost the bloating tummy and felt much better. Then I went to phase II: liver cleanse and liver support. Here, Alpha Lipoic Acid is one of the many recommended products. I took one cap every day, And I started to feel so awful after a couple of day... It was like the first years of my mercury intoxication period, right after my new silver fillings had been placed. I felt awful, nauseous, severe intestinal pains, weakness, mind fog, outraged, crying and shouting at everyone, crippled, not knowing what to do and where to go, panick attacks. My blood pressure raise. My ears started ringing. I couldn't sleep no more. I had to keep my mind clear and try to find out what was going on. I went through some files on my computer already prepared for the mercury detox in the future I was planning. There I found many, many warnings: do not use ALA in high doses and unprepared. ALA must be taken in very small doses to start with (from 1 mg to 12 mg!) and because of it's half life, you have to take it every 3 hours, not one minute later. "Taking it less often means running a higher risk of regression or damage. Taking large single doses or once a day doses can result in permanent neurological and other damage. Challenge tests are an example of this kind of usage." This is because ALA (= Alpha Lipoic Acid) is the only mercury chelator that can go to the brain and bind the mercury sitting there. It then goes back to the blood and after 3 hrs, it's half life, it releases the mercury, which then goes to anywhere it wants, but mainly the kidney, liver and intestines. Luckily I had stopped after 4 days of 600 mg of ALA. To start to feel normal took one more week. Well, normal, I am still thrown back in a state where I was years ago, before starting supplementing. Positive side: I know now for sure that I have mercury in my brain and lots of it. Other positive thing: this was a wake-up call for me and I will start the Andy Cutler protocol asap (find it on the web), a protocol followed by thousands of heavy metal intoxicated persons. So when you buy this product, make sure you have first read about ALA and mercury detox, and take the 600 mg as a single dose ONLY IF you are absolutely sure that you have absolutely no heavy metals in your brain.

Posted by Reviewer2127810 on Dec 26, 2008

I use ALA daily to ease my neuropathy in my feet. Before starting on ALA I would experience pain like some one putting needles in the end of my toes and applying an electrical charge to them and hot spots on the ball of my feet. Now I have a slightly numb feeling, like having a piece of tape on the bottom of my foot and trying to feel through it. I can live with that

Posted by Reviewer2185867 on Jul 17, 2008

Received product as promised. I have had difficulty finding the strength, recommended by my doctor, at a reasonable price in my local stores but this product met all my needs. I have a health condition that requires me to take this daily so finding it in the larger size was just what I was looking for. It has played a very important role in improving my overall health and is something I will continue to take the rest of my life. I will always order this produce from iHerb. Thanks for offering this at a very reasonable price. A very satisfied customer!

Posted by Reviewer2536143 on Apr 24, 2009

I have been taking alpha lipoic acid Vcaps for 6 months for neuropathy. The neuropathy has improved whereas the numbness has subsided very noticably.

ALA

Posted by Reviewer3181659 on May 25, 2009

Buying ALA was the best thing I have ever done. I suffered from leg, ankle, and foot cramps for years. Since I started taking ALA, I no longer suffer with cramps and I can get a good nights sleep. I highly recommend it to anyone who suffers with cramps caused by Neuropathy.