These are the only amino acids to supplement with

Posted by Reviewer3054066 on Aug 04, 2012

Essental amino acids are the amino acids the body can't make. L-glutamine and whey protein are a waste of money for building muscle. NOW has a well formulated formula too based on scientific research. It is amazing that there aren't more complete essential amino acid products being sold. If one takes branched amino acids that can affect phenylalanine levels, tyrosine levels and tryptophan levels as the branched chain amino acid transporter uptakes branched chain amino acids, phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan so if one takes branched chain amino acids alone that can adversely affect phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan levels. Phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan are required for neurotransmitter synthesis. Amino acids, of course, work together and must be balanced with each other. The NOW formula insures that there is an amino acid balance. NOW did a terrific job with this formulation.

essential amino acid supplement

Posted by marianF on Feb 01, 2014

It was hard for me to find an amino acid supplement that contains just the 9 essential aminos and not the non-essentials ones.The later can be synthesized by the body from the essential amino acids so there's really no need to supplement.That being said, this Now Foods formula was just what I was looking for.It comes in pure powder form, with no fillers or other unwanted ingredients.Tastes terrible like all pure amino acid supps (expected!)., but that's not so much of an issue if the powder is dissolved in juice.I use it before working out to prevent muscle catabolism and works great.I hope iherb will never stop carrying this product.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1814780 on Oct 26, 2010

I want to take the amino acids, but protein shakes seem to disagree with me. This has all 8 essentials, which is convenient. Plus, it's hard to buy some of the aminos at all (ie. histidine)

Great product.

Posted by Reviewer1854901 on Jun 11, 2011

Great for someone like me who can't enough dietary protein due to severe food allergies. I put the powder into empty capsules so I don't have to taste it.

Simply this is the best amino supplement

Posted by Reviewer2487206 on Jun 24, 2012

Great EAA combination. Get plenty of this and let your body cook other AA.

ery very bitter

Posted by Reviewer2993334 on Aug 11, 2010

This was so bitter i couldn't even finish one serving.

Good supplement for recovery

Posted by 5273463189186932089 on Oct 15, 2014

I haven't finished all the powder yet but it seems I have a good recovery after working out.

from australia

Posted by Reviewer1317102 on Aug 12, 2010

this product is great............................

Good for Protein Synthesis!

Posted by Reviewer2324495 on Oct 11, 2013

I feel the difference when using this product. Now I know my body is getting the most out of the protein I get.

Excellent product