Sensitive Individuals Should Proceed With Caution

Posted by Reviewer1000115 on Sep 24, 2010

Every time I have taken Astaxanthin, I have had an extreme reaction with my immune system. My glands and lymph nodes in my neck have swollen up dramatically and painfully. I have had body aches, runny nose, complete feeling of exhaustion. I have tried it on 3 separate occasions and each time I had the same reaction. I did take it along with Krill oil. I am a sensitive person and have to start out slowly with some supplements. I think the amount of the Astaxanthin was just too much for me and it put my immune system into overdrive. It was very alarming and made me very sick and I was not able to function for a WEEK. It concerns me that if I were to continue taking it, I could end up with a self induced form of autoimmune disease. Normally I am an advocate of supplements, having improved my health with their use, and after reading all of the positive reviews and information on this product, I was looking forward to experiencing some of those positive benefits of Astaxanthin for myself. So I am very disappointed to say that I won't be taking this again. That would be a dangerous mistake in my situation. Sensitive individuals that are considering this supplement should proceed with caution. And if you notice a heightened increase in your immune response, you might want to reconsider. I've even began to wonder if the amount of Astaxanthin in the krill oil is too much for me. I think I will be taking it only every other day just to be on the safe side.

Astaxanthin

Posted by Reviewer2977941 on May 11, 2010

After taking a few days it made my stomach hurt.

Not able to evaluate yet.

Posted by JeffKorr on Nov 22, 2013

I need to take it longer to evaluate what this does.

Makes elbows hurt

Posted by Reviewer3252845 on Nov 28, 2011

I've 2 different brands and they both make my tennis elbows act up.