Astaxanthin Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2870135 on Jun 05, 2011

I believe this product to be contributary to the healing now taking place in my eye oclusions that have produced my condition of Macular oedema. I am going to continue taking these capsules believing that they may actually help improve my sight.

Noted benefits of Astaxanthin after only 4 weeks

Posted by Reviewer3232667 on Jul 11, 2010

Since beginning supplementation with Now Foods Astaxanthin 4mg I have noticed less joint & muscle soreness after exercise and quicker post exercise recovery. I've also noted improved skin quality i.e. improvement in elasticity and smoothness. I am extremely pleased since these are noted benefits after only 4 weeks of daily use!

Now Foods, Astaxanthin, 4 mg,

Posted by Reviewer2917759 on Mar 16, 2008

Very effective for rotator cuff tear.

Cautiosly optimistic

Posted by Reviewer3181965 on May 26, 2011

I have not tried Astaxantin for long enough to see if it works well, but it did reduce fatigue after a day of hard work. However, it had a diuretic effect on me. I have adrenal fatigue with low aldosterine, so I would advise caution for people who have problems with adrenals or hormones. But it did reduce my blood pressure (which was hormonally caused in the first place). I believe astaxantin has a potential as a supplement, only careful if you are a menopausal woman with fluctuating hormones.

Helps with inflamation

Posted by Reviewer1756092 on Dec 02, 2008

Helps with inflamation that comes with chronic conditions.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Astanxanthin used to be a lot cheaper before appearing on TV (Dr Oz). Prices have increased quite a lot but this isn’t too expensive. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarians), small and easy to swallow. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. Generally, it’s best to just stick to lower dosages. Check out my page for more reviews!

Good

Posted by rautavaara on Jul 05, 2013

This was good, but Healthy Origins has couple of better version of this, with less money.

nerve support.

Posted by Reviewer1358483 on Jan 25, 2008

I like this product because I have periferal neurapathy. It seems to help a little. better than using 3 or 4 other products.

Still good price

Posted by Reviewer2942818 on Jan 17, 2011

I liked it better at 8 dollars though. The astaxanthin folk are price fixing, we should be able to get 15-40mg pills for the present price. Still good enough at the moment.

Zanthin brand.

Posted by Reviewer2975168 on May 14, 2012

After taking if for a while, I realized that this must be among the better Astaxanthin products I've tried. Zanthin brand is among the best! But please remove Carrageenan from this formula!!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »