B1 taken with Benfotiamine (B1) works a treat !

Posted by Reviewer1217020 on Dec 11, 2010

I take this B1 (water soluble) together more importantly, with Benfotiamine(fat soluble B1) for years and it really does work ! I am a type 2 diabetes sufferer with all the usual complications including kidney and nerve damage. I can definately say that it helps tremendously with my peripheral neuropathy. no more tingling, numbness, burning feeling with the hands and feet.Also read R&D university Reports that it may also help with diabetic kidney damage. I take 3xBenfotiamine and 2xB1 a day. It works for me !

Now Foods B1

Posted by Reviewer2372181 on Jul 14, 2009

I have Hashimoto's i.e. hypothyroidism which is accompanied by low stomach acid. B1 helps with formation of stomach acid. I feel less tired since I've been taking B1 daily.

Nightmares

Posted by Reviewer2047688 on Feb 01, 2013

My 4 year old was having horrible nightmares each night. I did some googling and it was suggested that nightmares were caused by a B1 deficiency. I started giving my son 1 of these each night, and no more nightmares! He now sleeps through the night, no midnight wakings, no more fear of going to bed, and no more crawling in with us, scared about horrible dreams. Thanks iHerb, from a much happier, and well-slept, family!

Now Foods, B-100mg, 100 tablets

Posted by Reviewer2352646 on Jun 17, 2010

For a week, I took the Now Foods 100mg B1 tablets in dosages of 1/2 tablet, i.e. 50 mg per day; I am now taking them in dosages of 1/4 tablet, i.e. 25 mgs per day for ankle edema and peripheral neuropathy in my feet related to thiamine deficiency. Correcting thiamine deficiency orally takes some weeks; however, both my edema and my foot pain are significantly improved. I will continue to take them long-term to avoid recurrence. I have generally been very satisfied with Now Food products; this one is no exception.

Very good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2049649 on Jul 16, 2007

Little known fact that B-1 can successfully be used to greatly help anxiety and panic. Anxiety and panic has been shown to be caused by a sensitivity to lactic acid and B-1 does wonders at lowering lactic acid levels. But the key is to take mega doses of 1500mgs or more per day. I just wish NOW had a 500mg tablet.

Use it for more energy.

Posted by Reviewer1399867 on Mar 27, 2011

I feel better when I take this supplement although I do not take it every day. I take it especially when I am going out to a social event. I've noticed it helps make me more sociable.

Effective

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Apr 21, 2008

Delivers B-1 into the system, which is important for the structure of nerve cells.

Anti-stress

Posted by 5764192902970379175 on Sep 03, 2012

It's very good to keep calm.....in any case!

just started

Posted by burdypie on May 19, 2011

suggested by the book The Life Diet, for resistant thyroid,I've added these to my multi B intake, helping carb. processing,energy,whistle cracks on top lip, whiteheads...tons of things, but shouldn't be taken without a multi B backup, as B vitamins are synergistic...

Mosquito away

Posted by Reviewer1814847 on Apr 20, 2009

Hoping it helps keep the mosquitoes away as it did last year. Seems to give me more energy too.