Now Foods, B-1, 100 mg, 100 Tablets

B1 taken with Benfotiamine (B1) works a treat !

Posted by Reviewer1217020 From Great Britain on Dec 11, 2010

I take this B1 (water soluble) together more importantly, with Benfotiamine(fat soluble B1) for years and it really does work ! I am a type 2 diabetes sufferer with all the usual complications including kidney and nerve damage. I can definately say that it helps tremendously with my peripheral neuropathy. no more tingling, numbness, burning feeling with the hands and feet.Also read R&D university Reports that it may also help with diabetic kidney damage. I take 3xBenfotiamine and 2xB1 a day. It works for me !

Now Foods B1

Posted by Reviewer2372181 From New York on Jul 14, 2009

I have Hashimoto's i.e. hypothyroidism which is accompanied by low stomach acid. B1 helps with formation of stomach acid. I feel less tired since I've been taking B1 daily.

Caution for hypothyroid, low blood sugar and immune dysfunction - B1 is an iodine, magnesium and manganese antagonist

Posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here on Jan 11, 2014

Vitamin B1 - iodine, magnesium, manganese and copper antagonist (among others) - all in some way essential for thyroid/endocrine health. High doses of B1 can therefore lead to: immune dysfunction, hypothyroidism if iodine intake is inadequate; hypothyroid/low blood sugar if manganese intake is inadequate - especially when combined with higher intakes of other less-obvious iodine/manganese antagonists such as niacin, B6, magnesium, calcium, vit C, boron, etc. Additionally, B1 is an essential cofactor for transketolase - suggest caution for people who take medications that also upregulate transketolase (e.g. asthma steroids), because more B1 may lead to depletion of other co-factors and essential nutrients (e.g. EFA's), creating a nasty catch-22 situation. B1 is also mildly anticholinergic - something to be mindful of, because for some people that can be an issue. High intake of B1 is also likely to cause/contribute to bad armpit BO. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Now Foods, B-100mg, 100 tablets

Posted by Reviewer2352646 From Switzerland on Jun 17, 2010

For a week, I took the Now Foods 100mg B1 tablets in dosages of 1/2 tablet, i.e. 50 mg per day; I am now taking them in dosages of 1/4 tablet, i.e. 25 mgs per day for ankle edema and peripheral neuropathy in my feet related to thiamine deficiency. Correcting thiamine deficiency orally takes some weeks; however, both my edema and my foot pain are significantly improved. I will continue to take them long-term to avoid recurrence. I have generally been very satisfied with Now Food products; this one is no exception.

Nightmares

Posted by Reviewer2047688 From Australia on Feb 01, 2013

My 4 year old was having horrible nightmares each night. I did some googling and it was suggested that nightmares were caused by a B1 deficiency. I started giving my son 1 of these each night, and no more nightmares! He now sleeps through the night, no midnight wakings, no more fear of going to bed, and no more crawling in with us, scared about horrible dreams. Thanks iHerb, from a much happier, and well-slept, family!