Couldn't finish the package, B12 as cyanocobalamin

Posted by djsoma on Oct 10, 2011

I can't really tell if these helped so much with my health, since I'm taking so much other stuff as well to keep me going on strong. I didn't like the smell or taste of these in the first place, but only after I got headache and nausea associated with the taste I decided to quit using them. My girlfriend took them and also reported headache after quite a short time of use. I'm now using coenzymated caps by Country Life with no problems, and the B12 is in the form of dibencozide and methylcobalamin, which I trust much more than the suspiciously named and controversial cyanocobalamin found on B-50 product, probably because it's 100 times cheaper from of B12.

Do not order if you live in Norway

Posted by 5290607315817662893 on Jan 17, 2013

I ordered this product believing that vitamins would be totally allowed into Norway, but no! These vitamins were shipped back to iherb, because they contains folic acid. This is not allowed through Norwegian Customs! (you may be lucky though, and they will not check your order) And just to make things better, I never got a refund from iherb. I was emailing them about it, and they said that I would get a refund, but I have not recieved anything yet (and probably never will)

Not satisfied

Posted by thelittlediamond on Apr 17, 2012

I didn't like the smell and taste of these pills. Caps are very large.

Cyano cobalamin

Posted by Reviewer2534376 on Jun 09, 2014

This is the cyanide form of B12. Cyano-B12 is not the form naturally found in the body: methyl-cobalamin is. In fact methyl-B12 is the anti-dote to cyanide poisoning. BTW: methyl, hydroxl or adenosyl forms of B12 cause no side effects... only the cyano form makes me feel queasy... and my hair starts to fall out.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2993334 on Aug 14, 2010

The tabs are very large. Did not like it!

No confident in this B-50

Posted by Reviewer2013425 on Aug 08, 2011

I tried this product but did not feel any benefit. The color of the capsule changes to dark red over time. Wrote to NOW who replied that it was natural for the color to change but I have no confident in it as I felt there must a chemical change to cause the capsule to turn reddish.

smells like egg

Posted by 5059249615480150261 on Dec 08, 2014

It smells like egg, to me it's not vegan at all.

Got all mushed together.

Posted by 4684294166063330249 on Feb 24, 2015

These got mushed together somehow and I keep them in the driest past of my house. I"m scared to eat them now because they may have mold on them, not sure. Will not repurchase.

No effects felt

Posted by TriedandTested on May 24, 2015

Also, my pee kept being bright/neon when taking this, which may indicate the vitamins are not being absorbed.

Not suitable for equatorial climate

Posted by Reviewer2887648 on Nov 12, 2015

I wasted a couple of bottles. The tablets became soft and moldy in our hot and humid climate. I couldn't get a refund.