Now Foods, Beet Sugar, 3 lbs (1361 g)

GMO-beets!!!

Posted by Reviewer1940808 From Washington on Jun 10, 2011

This beet sugar is made from GMO beets!!!(I just confirmed it with them). Sadly, nobody else manufactures beet sugar :(

Our saving grace!!!

Posted by Reviewer2715813 From Nevada on Jan 29, 2008

Our autistic son is allergic to cane sugar and corn so finding a sugar or alternative sweetener not derived from a corn or chemical source is impossible. We ordered this wonderful beet sugar as he is not allergic to beets HE LOVES IT we now bake everything for him desserts, breads, etc....it is a God send and we thank you!! We will continue using your product FOREVER!!!!!!!! Lori

CAUTION for sulfite sensitivity - may cause reaction

Posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here on Nov 28, 2013

Thought this would be a good alternative to cane sugar after reading the reviews. However, I found this sugar caused me to feel breathless and therefore do not believe it's suitable for sulfite sensitivity/MCS - I won't continue to use it. Cane sugar doesn't provoke the same reaction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Beet Sugar

Posted by Reviewer3316773 From New York on Mar 04, 2008

My daughter is allergic to cane sugar. Beet sugar is not available in our local grocery store. Orders are processed immediately and arrive within a resonable time, 7 to 10 days. I order several bags at one time; the $4.00 shipping charge is greatly appreciated since sugar is heavy!

good eats

Posted by Reviewer3269324 From Texas on Apr 21, 2008

I wish the local stores would carry this sugar again. We have one child allergic to cane sugar and one allergic to corn, so this sweetener is perfect for us. It works beautifully in all baking applications, too, and it's organic!!! This is the best on-line source for it that I have found in terms of price and fast service.