Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Betaine Hydrochloride is used to increase the hydrochloric acid in the stomach to digest our food. It is helpful to people with low stomach acid and we are known to produce less hydrochloric acid as we age. Low stomach acid will result indigestion, food allergies, constipation and bloating. Low stomach acid also makes it difficult to absorb nutrients like vitamins, minerals or amino acids. Most people are not aware that the majority of heartburn is caused by lack of, not excessive stomach acid. Pepsin are added to breakdown food proteins. Proteins are the hardest to break down thus the pepsin comes as an necessary aid. The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), not too big and easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The betaine hydrochloride is best taken just before a meal and more can be taken if needed. Check out my page for more reviews!

Helps with skin condition

Posted by Reviewer2865365 on Jan 12, 2015

It helps calm my rosacea by digesting the food more efficiently and extracting the essential nutrients. I also found out that I dont feel that tired (CFS) after eating a large meal of cooked food. Only downside is the adding of magnesium stearate in this product as a flow agent. Thorne reasearch betaine hcl works as well but is more expensive and smells awful.

Just started using it

Posted by adechamplain on Jun 07, 2011

I bought this for when I eat animal protein in the form of fish (which is the only animal protein I eat) because of digestive issues I'm trying to heal. It seems to do the job and the prices are unbeatable.

Hurts

Posted by Reviewer1793628 on May 07, 2014

I'm glad someone else had the same experience. This product hurts my stomach. And I don't have a touchy stomach. I've taken Doctors Best HCL but it had so much less Pepsin that I thought I'd try this one. I started it and it hurt. So I stopped it. Nothing hurt. Then I started it again. It hurt again. I'm going back to Doctors Best and will probably also try Thorne and Blue Bonnet, to compare. I'm using this for rosacea, since the consensus of those docs I respeect seems to be that that's what may cause it. AND I'm 66 so, no doubt, levels may be low by now. I probably need some.

won't eat without it

Posted by Reviewer1707719 on Dec 26, 2007

A must take supplement for those of us with weak stomache acid. A staple for diabetics.

Helps with digestion

Posted by Reviewer2358885 on Oct 11, 2007

I found this product extremely helpful for digestion. Good quality product, excellent price!

Great product, pure formulation

Posted by Reviewer2115908 on Nov 26, 2007

This is one of the best and most affordable pure formulations of betaine HCl available. Great quality at a great price!

Steve

Posted by GeneAum on Oct 17, 2007

As we age the body produces decreasing amounts of HCL - especially at night. I take two to digest my food.

Now Foods, Betaine HCI, 120 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer3026666 on Jun 18, 2008

This is a great product for heartburn and digestion. My husband had horrible heartburn, but since using this it has greatly improved.

digestion

Posted by Reviewer2896760 on Jan 26, 2010

This has helped wonderfully with helping me to digest my protein and fat rich meals. I no longer feel heavy and full after meals. this is a definate must have if you suffer from sluggish digestion. If you lack stomach acid your not breaking down your protein effectively.