Now Foods, Betaine HCL, 648 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

good product

Posted by Reviewer1276468 on Dec 20, 2007

I use the betaine as a very important part of a dietary regimen to control rosacea. This product is affordable and works well.

DanaB

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Mar 18, 2008

This product has been a Godsend! Honestly. I have dealt with acid reflux since childhood. i have taken Aciphex, Nexium, Tums. This product has allowed my voice to return, the lump in my throat to disappear and I have energy again.I take one Betaine HCI at every meal. I also open the capsule and mix with milk for my 4-year-old son who also suffers from reflux. Combined with NOW's Super Enzymes you can't go wrong!

Seem to be working

Posted by Reviewer1145722 on Dec 22, 2007

I can feel a difference when I take these, and when I don't. Therefore, I think they are a good quality product.

Wow!

Posted by Reviewer2646649 on Jan 20, 2010

I have long suspected that my husband was suffering heartburn because of low stomach acid production. So after a couple weeks on slippery elm, he started taking the Now HCI along with 1 probiotic. Last night we had bean and beef burritos with enchilada sauce which normally would have torn him up. He took 4 HCI and had NO heartburn and just a little gas. He also has not had heartburn the last few days since he has been taking 3 HCI with dinner. We started with 1 HCI and are moving up slowly until we find his ideal amount. So that is our story but definitely not medical advice.

Good digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on Sep 23, 2009

Helps me a lot. Before you try it be sure yours is a low stomach acid (HCL) situation. And beware--I have been told that the symptoms of low stomach acid and excess stomach acid are much the same. Do the research.