Now Foods, Betaine HCL, 648 mg, 120 Capsules

Good digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on Sep 23, 2009

Helps me a lot. Before you try it be sure yours is a low stomach acid (HCL) situation. And beware--I have been told that the symptoms of low stomach acid and excess stomach acid are much the same. Do the research.

a must have for anyone suffering from heart burn, gerd, acid reflux, etc.

Posted by Reviewer2116014 on Jan 24, 2010

I am in my 50s and I take this to help me digest my food. It has helped dramatically in relieving me of heart burn and acid reflux. I also give this to my 89 yo mother who was always coughing after her meals and doctors had no clue that it was related to low acid, low enzyme levels. After she takes this, she stops coughing after her meals. Oh yes, I also take digestive enzymes.

best product ever

Posted by Reviewer1410859 on Dec 17, 2008

I no long need any of the many dr. prescribed medications. I digest my food well and my body seems to be absorbing other vitamins better.

Another great NOW product

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Oct 10, 2007

I have low stomach acid so I have to take betaine HCL at each meal. This can get very costly with other brands. NOW's product does a great job and is reasonably priced. Iherb's price is the cheapest I've found.

Now Foods, Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer2076860 on May 04, 2008

Can tell the effectiveness of this one. Most people do not realize the importance of HCL with a meal for absorbtion of nutrients.