good and strong

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Jul 01, 2009

I noticed when I switched to the NOW brand, I have to take less. Good stuff.

Seems to work . . .

Posted by Reviewer1184969 on Sep 14, 2011

I've been advised by both a nutritionist and an herbologist to take several of these - 5 or more - with a meal (dosage depends on the amount of protein in the meal). I'm not taking as many as they suggest (until you feel some "heat" then back off), but judging by how things are digesting. Apparently, low stomach acid is a very common problem, and 1 or 2 capsules is not enough. Eventually, I should be able to reduce the number as my stomach begins to produce more acid.

Decent choice for HCl

Posted by Reviewer1677044 on Jan 05, 2010

I find this works quite well, even when taken many hours after a meal. Usually only need one or two of these with any meal.

Really helped my digestion

Posted by Reviewer1824101 on Apr 14, 2010

I didn't realize I had digestion problems until I started taking these. I feel like a different person! I used to always feel bloated and have gastrointestinal issues. I gave up gluten over a year ago and that helped. This is taking it even further!

Bethaine

Posted by Reviewer1274616 on Jun 14, 2010

I take this combined with Super Enzymes, both from Now Foods. Really keeps my digestive track running smoothly.

Helped me get off RX meds

Posted by Reviewer3249808 on Nov 29, 2015

I was depending on omeprazole or Nexium (and sometimes pepcid and liquid Maalox on the same day!) to control my burning stomach. I knew there had to be a better way!! That way of life was terrible. I ordered 2 bottles of this and have just finished 1 bottle. I'm proud to say, in 2 short months, I no longer use any of the omeprazole, Nexium, pepcid, or Maalox. I started out taking the Betaine twice a day before breakfast and dinner, along with the omeprazole. I gradually weaned off that and onto pepcid alone (something I had tried to do several times in the past but didn't work). This probably took about 3-4 weeks. Then I only used the pepcid as needed which has become so rare it's amazing. I haven't changed my eating or other medications. I plan to order a couple more bottles to get me thru to holidays but I will also be telling my doc about this one. I'll admit, something I wouldn't really believe if it hadn't worked for me.

No need to take more than 3 capsules per meal!

Posted by psoriasis on Aug 26, 2016

Established brand - NOW - and Betaine HCL does what you want from this supplement. Just do not get fooled by those who say you need 7 capsules per meal. There is (almost) no gain if you go over 3 capsules per meal. The pH won't get significantly lower when taking 7 capsules over 3 capsules. This supplement will get you about 2 pH with 3 capsules and taking another 4 is almost useless because pH does not work like that! Like if you had pH 6 and take 3 capsules you would get pH 2 but another 3 capsules won't make it pH 1. The pH then decreases just a little bit and taking a lot of capsules will just cost you a lot of money.

Very good for controlling acid reflux

Posted by 5611464285718448462 on Dec 11, 2016

Very good for controlling acid reflux

Fabulous digestive aid

Posted by 4682298879614975726 on Dec 15, 2016

Has really helped me reduce gas and flatulence, and enhance digestion of my food. I take two with my food at the start of my meal. Great product.

Betain hcl

Posted by 5666724760126894995 on Dec 16, 2016

This products is the best for my problems with digestion. If I use it before the meal I dont have any digestion problems. I can recommend it . Eva