Now Foods, Betaine HCL, 648 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Now Foods, Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer2076860 on May 04, 2008

Can tell the effectiveness of this one. Most people do not realize the importance of HCL with a meal for absorbtion of nutrients.

Seem to be working

Posted by Reviewer1145722 on Dec 22, 2007

I can feel a difference when I take these, and when I don't. Therefore, I think they are a good quality product.

Good digestive aid

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on Sep 23, 2009

Helps me a lot. Before you try it be sure yours is a low stomach acid (HCL) situation. And beware--I have been told that the symptoms of low stomach acid and excess stomach acid are much the same. Do the research.

GERD

Posted by Reviewer2314092 on May 21, 2012

OMW.... Instant relief!! Awesome product! As a GERD sufferer I don't always get it right, hard as I might try; before I know it, I wake up with the most agonising burn up my esophagus for which I usually get up and take some baking soda for symptomatic relief. Of course, that just makes you more alkaline, so it was time to take things in hand and find a solution. Betaine Hcl with pepsin is fantastic! UPDATE 22/05/2012 For some reason, I fell out of the habit of using the Betane HCl what with moving, etc. Having been chronically ill for many years, and having done juice fasts / feasts many a time, I recently decided to do a water fast. It lasted 17 days. I was extremely careful to break in slowly and properly. Still, as soon as I started eating tiny amounts of solid foods (fruit, green salad) I became aware that I was not digesting my food at all! My digestion was just not waking up properly. At least not until I remembered my Betaine HCI and other digestive enzymes - problem solved.

Another great NOW product

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Oct 10, 2007

I have low stomach acid so I have to take betaine HCL at each meal. This can get very costly with other brands. NOW's product does a great job and is reasonably priced. Iherb's price is the cheapest I've found.