Decent choice for HCl

Posted by Reviewer1677044 on Jan 05, 2010

I find this works quite well, even when taken many hours after a meal. Usually only need one or two of these with any meal.

Seems to work . . .

Posted by Reviewer1184969 on Sep 14, 2011

I've been advised by both a nutritionist and an herbologist to take several of these - 5 or more - with a meal (dosage depends on the amount of protein in the meal). I'm not taking as many as they suggest (until you feel some "heat" then back off), but judging by how things are digesting. Apparently, low stomach acid is a very common problem, and 1 or 2 capsules is not enough. Eventually, I should be able to reduce the number as my stomach begins to produce more acid.

Seniors need Betaine HCl

Posted by Reviewer3104381 on Aug 12, 2009

I have been taking the same amount for over 10 years. The aging body makes too little HCl. For elderly folk like me, what feels like acid indigestion is usually alkaline indigestion. About 1300 gms [2 caps] right after dinner keeps my digestion good. If i forget and stuff comes up in my throat, I dump the powder in warm water and wash the food particles back into my stomach. You know it's working when the HCl reacts with alkaline in your belly and a nice big burp comes up.

Only one I use

Posted by Reviewer1323197 on Dec 08, 2007

Been using this product since I was told to buy it 6 years ago. I have tried others but this works very well for my body and I trust them.

Had to abstain....

Posted by Reviewer1572086 on Dec 11, 2007

I have pretty bad colon problems, it doesn't take much to irritate the lining and put me in bed for a week. I had read that its really good as yu get older to use digestive enzymes, however when I've used them over the period of a week I would get real dizzy from an inflamed colon so had to stop. If you have these kinds of problems its best to avoid betaine as it can cause intestinal bleeding, I only found that out after I bought this stuff, so have not tried it. I'm sure this will be very useful for people who have a healthier digestive system than I do.

Good Product; Reasonable Cost

Posted by Reviewer3009488 on Jun 03, 2008

This product gets the job done at a very reasonable cost, plus it's in capsule form which is easier to swallow.

Good Supplement and Price

Posted by Reviewer3109250 on Jul 29, 2008

This works well and costs less than some other brands.

replaces stomach acids

Posted by Reviewer1603978 on Oct 19, 2007

very good for digestion

Chris Sims

Posted by Reviewer1793226 on Oct 17, 2007

these are my all time favourite enzymes. they work well and are gfeat value

Recommned this product

Posted by Reviewer1401937 on Oct 17, 2007

Good quality product, good value