10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, Betaine HCL, 648 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

best product ever

Posted by Reviewer1410859 on Dec 17, 2008

I no long need any of the many dr. prescribed medications. I digest my food well and my body seems to be absorbing other vitamins better.

Pepsin Source

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on May 29, 2008

I take it for the pepsin, which is important for digestion. Pepsin levels may become lower with aging. Digestion is crucial, so this may well help others, too.

Works great

Posted by Reviewer1609615 on Aug 21, 2008

I haven't used any other HCI products for comparison, but I know this one works great. After discovering that I have low stomach acid, I began taking this product. I take two with every meal. I can eat larger meals again, and now I am putting back on weight that I lost from poor digestion.

GERD

Posted by Reviewer2314092 on May 21, 2012

OMW.... Instant relief!! Awesome product! As a GERD sufferer I don't always get it right, hard as I might try; before I know it, I wake up with the most agonising burn up my esophagus for which I usually get up and take some baking soda for symptomatic relief. Of course, that just makes you more alkaline, so it was time to take things in hand and find a solution. Betaine Hcl with pepsin is fantastic! UPDATE 22/05/2012 For some reason, I fell out of the habit of using the Betane HCl what with moving, etc. Having been chronically ill for many years, and having done juice fasts / feasts many a time, I recently decided to do a water fast. It lasted 17 days. I was extremely careful to break in slowly and properly. Still, as soon as I started eating tiny amounts of solid foods (fruit, green salad) I became aware that I was not digesting my food at all! My digestion was just not waking up properly. At least not until I remembered my Betaine HCI and other digestive enzymes - problem solved.

won't eat without it

Posted by Reviewer1707719 on Dec 26, 2007

A must take supplement for those of us with weak stomache acid. A staple for diabetics.