Now Foods, Betaine HCL, 648 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Bethaine

Posted by Reviewer1274616 on Jun 14, 2010

I take this combined with Super Enzymes, both from Now Foods. Really keeps my digestive track running smoothly.

Seems to work . . .

Posted by Reviewer1184969 on Sep 14, 2011

I've been advised by both a nutritionist and an herbologist to take several of these - 5 or more - with a meal (dosage depends on the amount of protein in the meal). I'm not taking as many as they suggest (until you feel some "heat" then back off), but judging by how things are digesting. Apparently, low stomach acid is a very common problem, and 1 or 2 capsules is not enough. Eventually, I should be able to reduce the number as my stomach begins to produce more acid.

GERD

Posted by Reviewer2314092 on May 21, 2012

OMW.... Instant relief!! Awesome product! As a GERD sufferer I don't always get it right, hard as I might try; before I know it, I wake up with the most agonising burn up my esophagus for which I usually get up and take some baking soda for symptomatic relief. Of course, that just makes you more alkaline, so it was time to take things in hand and find a solution. Betaine Hcl with pepsin is fantastic! UPDATE 22/05/2012 For some reason, I fell out of the habit of using the Betane HCl what with moving, etc. Having been chronically ill for many years, and having done juice fasts / feasts many a time, I recently decided to do a water fast. It lasted 17 days. I was extremely careful to break in slowly and properly. Still, as soon as I started eating tiny amounts of solid foods (fruit, green salad) I became aware that I was not digesting my food at all! My digestion was just not waking up properly. At least not until I remembered my Betaine HCI and other digestive enzymes - problem solved.

Fabulous!!! No more undigested food, bloating or skin rashes.

Posted by 5178618214760834618 on Mar 22, 2014

This seriously helps me with my digestion! I would break out in Dermatitis/Eczema and thought jt might be candida. While the anti fungals from NOW worked, it wasn't the solution. Since taking these capsules with every meal i notice finally my sjin rash is fading, no more irregular bowel movements/constipation. Plus.. All the nutrients are absorbed by my body finally. I have a case of low stomach acid and can reccomend this product for that. Note: i found it working better taking 1-2capsules 5 mins after each meal.

Decent choice for HCl

Posted by Reviewer1677044 on Jan 05, 2010

I find this works quite well, even when taken many hours after a meal. Usually only need one or two of these with any meal.