Good product

Posted by Reviewer2681049 on Jul 22, 2010

Appesrs to be a good product for those who need it. Did not find it helpful myself as I am apparently not low in hcl as I had suspected. Have had more success from quality probiotics (e.g. Culturelle, formulas with l-reuteri) and intestinal healing products such as Seacure. High strength digestive enzymes (Digest Platinum, Best Digestive Enzymes, Digest Gold) have also been somewhat helpful for me.

not for me

Posted by Reviewer1069774 on Aug 08, 2012

This was recommended to me however after using it a couple of days we decided my body does not need it since it did not want it. As I was not able to use it for any length of time I can not recommend it one way or the other.

Bad reaction

Posted by Reviewer1706966 on Jun 28, 2010

My stomach hurts after taking this product. Maybe it's not for me.

from Bratislava, Slovakia

Posted by Reviewer1717002 on Nov 16, 2010

After first two servings I discontinued taking, because of increased acidity in my mouth and throat. Maybe it is good product but just didnt work for me.

Now Foods, Betaine HCI, 575 mg, 120 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Nov 22, 2012

Now Foods, Betaine HCI, 575 mg, 120 Capsules

Not so good

Posted by Reviewer1529679 on Oct 16, 2011

Made my stomach hurt so I don't really know if they work or not as I had to stop taking them...

Gave me heartburn

Posted by 5175626333368740103 on Oct 26, 2015

I have silent reflux. They say that reflux can be caused by a deficit in stomach acid, so I thought it would be worth a try. Alas, it immediately gave me heartburn and reflux. I even tried emptying half the contents out of the capsule and taking a half-dose but the result was still heartburn. At least now I know that I don't have too little stomach acid and can move onto finding another solution.

I love only the best .

Posted by onlythebest on Jan 29, 2015

I don know why would one use it ? for me was waste of money .

Works real well

Posted by MicPink on Apr 09, 2012

Seems to help with digestion overall. Have purchased again.

No need to take more than 3 capsules per meal!

Posted by psoriasis on Aug 26, 2016

Established brand - NOW - and Betaine HCL does what you want from this supplement. Just do not get fooled by those who say you need 7 capsules per meal. There is (almost) no gain if you go over 3 capsules per meal. The pH won't get significantly lower when taking 7 capsules over 3 capsules. This supplement will get you about 2 pH with 3 capsules and taking another 4 is almost useless because pH does not work like that! Like if you had pH 6 and take 3 capsules you would get pH 2 but another 3 capsules won't make it pH 1. The pH then decreases just a little bit and taking a lot of capsules will just cost you a lot of money.