WARNING

Posted by Reviewer2452647 on Jan 30, 2015

Contains Maltodextrin!! Which causes insulin spike worse than sugar!! POINTLESS AND DECEIVING!!

DON'T BUY "Better Stevia" from Now Foods

Posted by 5312925290615932854 on Jan 24, 2013

Dear Sir, re: iherb.com, order 11538881-0 I bought 12 packets of Better Stevia under the above order (Now-06957) on 25 Nov 2012. The LOT # 1465279 20:33 BEST BY 04/15 (is printed on the back of the orange color boxes) The products arrived in Singapore safely after three days. However, all the individual .35 oz packets contains HARDEN UP stevia "powder". They are like chewing gums. I have to soak each individual packet in hot water for hours to allow the harden stevia powder to melt into the hot water. What I got was a blue stevia solution. The blue color was caused by the blue ink bleaching out of the packet exterior cover printing. I am now worried if I am consuming lead or other chemicals used in the ink. What I am most unhappy is that my emails to iherb.com and Now Foods has fallen into deaf ears. Verdict: Better Stevia, Lot #1465279 20:33 BEST BY 04/15 obviously has manufacturing problems. However, the manufacturer, Now Herbs don't care. Seller iherb.com don't bother either. I feel cheated. I suggest that nobody should buy "Better Stevia" Now Foods brand. Don't get cheated. I still have many un-opened boxes. I can send to anyone who is interested. I am now looking at other brands. Any suggestion. regards, david chua davidchua63@gmail.com

Not So Good

Posted by Reviewer2982701 on Apr 27, 2010

It takes 3 packets of Now Foods Stevia extract to sweeten. When I'm finished with these I think I'll go back to KAL brand.

Yuck

Posted by Reviewer1075813 on Aug 31, 2010

I realy wanted to like this stuff, but I think it's really bitter with a nasty aftertaste. Went back to raw turbinado sugar...

not so safe an alternative due to additive

Posted by Reviewer1609322 on May 02, 2011

this is not pure and has additives. should be pure 100% stevia then i would buy it again.

Should be called BITTER Stevia

Posted by 5124832303772255919 on Oct 23, 2012

Had to throw out my cup of coffee. I will not buy any Now Healthy Foods Stevia product ever again. This was one of two that I got to try. Disgusting...

Tastes AWFUL!

Posted by Reviewer2297908 on Jun 08, 2010

I thought it would really taste like sugar but it tastes nothing like sugar. I cannot envision a situation where I would ever want to put it into my coffee again, but never say never. Maybe they should provide people with samples of stevia, so that people will know what it tastes like and make a more informed decision about whether to buy the whole box. Because now I am stuck with the whole box and cannot get rid of it.

Stevia Extract Packets

Posted by Reviewer3108831 on Nov 16, 2007

Stevia left a strange taste in my mouth. It was okay in coffee, but was more noticeable in other foods and drinks. I only used it a couple of days, but don't like the taste it leaves. I'm spoiled on Splenda.

Didn't like it

Posted by VBrave on May 26, 2008

Taste is overpowering and reminds me of aspartame.

Not usable

Posted by Reviewer2032070 on Nov 26, 2012

Arrived in not usable form of one piece bonded together in the packet.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »