New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Biotin, 5,000 mcg, 120 Vcaps

Reviews 1-star

Very fast hair growth, but full with fillers and binders

Posted by Trinity on Sep 06, 2014

Stuffed with unnecessary and unhealthy fillers, such as magnesium stearate and rice flour. We don't need them, and they could be quite dangerous for our health.________ I took 1 capsule in the morning and sometimes 1 in the evening. My hair grew a bit faster, but that's it, nothing that special. ______________UPDATE: I started taking Paradise Herbs' OptiMSM 1000 together with the this biotin. That made a difference - my hair got stronger and my nails harder. I used only biotin for months without any real result, but I don't know if it's doing any real job. I'll continue with the MSM for sure. ____________I don't think there was any real positive effect on my skin from this biotin. I have lowered the stars also because of the pimples I got on my face and I believe it's because of the fillers and binders. I didn't see any hair thickness after 3 months of using the product. ____________________ UPDATE: I used MRM's dBiotin - wasn't bad, I actually liked it better. Now I'm trying Country Life's one, as there are fewer fillers in it and none as bad as the magnesium stearate. ___________UPDATE: I've been using Country Life's 5000 biotin for about 4 weeks now, but I don't like it. It's pure d-biotin and the capsules are very small, but my nails started braking easily and they aren't even that long! My eyelashes became soft again and I started seeing more hairs in the shower.

Now foods biotin

Posted by Reviewer1125336 on Jul 11, 2011

It's ok for nails I don't know if my hair grows fast with this product , I keep it cut short . I don't see anything major.

Could cause weight gain

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Jul 20, 2012

Makes me gain weight like I've been carb binging. I've since read that biotin can have a insulin-like effect at getting glucose into cells. Maybe that's good for diabetics, but not me. I've tried other brands of biotin and the same occurs. The Now product seems fine otherwise.

Didn't help my hair to grow

Posted by helznguyen on Apr 10, 2014

I used biotin for many years, this along with other brands :( none of them help with my hair growth.