Hair growth noted!

Posted by Reviewer3230123 on Dec 04, 2010

Made my hair grow and thicken.

I guess it's working...

Posted by Reviewer3137441 on Oct 04, 2013

People lose more hair in the fall than the other seasons. I have fine hair to start with. Last fall I noticed the hair on the top of my head was thinner than usual. I tried to convince myself I was being paranoid, that is until my hairdresser commented on my hair loss. She told me that people lose more hair in the fall than the other seasons. I checked it out and she was right. I did some reading and found that Biotin, B-complex and Vitamin D can help slow / prevent hair loss (silica turns out to not work and be a bit dangerous). I added these to my multi-vitamin. Now I won't lie and say I now have thick hair, cause that will never happen. Tthe extra thinning I experienced has grown back to what it was, which probably would have happened anyway since the hair loss was seasonal. But it's fall again and I haven't experienced the same hair-loss as I did last year. In short, it will help but don't expect miracles.

Love this!!

Posted by Reviewer3268855 on Jan 10, 2011

I am 34 yr-old female. Hair loss and bad nails is a no-no. This has helped to end both. I take this with a good multi and use the mill creek biotin shampoo and conditioner.

Stronger nails!

Posted by Reviewer3050558 on Jun 08, 2011

Started making my nails stronger! I was taking it for bladder integrity and I got a bonus!

Good price but not working for hair

Posted by Reviewer2318330 on Dec 20, 2010

I have been using this product for 7 weeks now, and I really don't see a difference...

not working

Posted by Reviewer1685202 on Oct 31, 2010

I have been using this product for 4 weeks now and have'nt seen any improvement. Infact, it seems like I'm loosing more hair :( Not sure what's best to do now.

Useless

Posted by 5626039858267157626 on Apr 12, 2015

Excessive biotin will be excreted in urine. Biotin pills causes acne and it can last for years even if you stop taking the pills. Increase your consumption of alkaline foods, reduce(Not eliminate) your consumption of acidic foods and you'd have way much better results than useless pills. Google search Alkaline/Acidic foods.

Posted by nataliuncik on Mar 21, 2015

I have waited this long to write a review because I wanted to see if it really works to help stop hair loss. It is working for me. I have seen a noticeable difference when I get out of the shower. I have been taking it now for 2 months. It took about 5 weeks to first notice the difference. My doctor recommended that I try this when I told him that my hair was falling out from my medications. The high dose is necessary, but on the plus side, it gives you a little boost of energy as well as its other benefits. He recommends this to his chemo patients who are regrowing their hair after treatment to speed up the process.

A Good Supplement, but Moderate your Expectations

Posted by HawaiianViking on Jan 09, 2014

Now Foods, Biotin, is probably the best Biotin supplement available, and represents a good value; I tend to be loyal to Now Foods products because I've found that nearly all their supplements and vitamins are reasonably high-quality while being sensibly priced. As for Biotin itself: Biotin has been marketed and much-publicized as a "cure" for alopecia areata, female diffuse hair loss, as well as male pattern hair loss (also known as male pattern baldness); While biotin supplementation may offer some help with those conditions, it can only reverse them if biotin deficiency is the condition's cause and, at least in the developed world in reasonably well-nourished individuals, biotin deficiency is very rare. It is a good idea to supplement with biotin if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the near future, or if you have been diagnosed as being biotin deficient. In short: For hair growth, go ahead and take biotin, but do not expect it alone to do much in reversing your hair loss; I have found much more success in helping my hair and skin with Now Foods, Hyaluronic Acid, with MSM and, especially, with Now Foods, Silica Complex.

Hair and Nails

Posted by Reviewer2088182 on Aug 18, 2010

I've been using this for a month now and the difference is very noticable!